Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

:eek: Upper Ball Joint stud sheared off in knuckle!!

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I was thinking I got pretty lucky as well.
  2. 2

Keypad code is missing.

On my 2000 explorer it is printed inside the trim in the trunk on the driver's side. The way mine is set up you take off the cover where the tire iron is kept, then you will likely need a mirror and a flashlight to see the code. Just go in from where that panel comes off and start flashing...
  3. 2

:eek: Upper Ball Joint stud sheared off in knuckle!!

So I was driving my 2k Exploder V8 AWD the other night, going to a friend's house, and I turned into a driveway and heard a *clunk* and the passenger side of the front end dropped. Got out and had a look and the wheel was tilted in at the top about 6 inches! The upper ball joint stud...
  4. 2

Replaced plugs...jerky

@Rollinstone-- Check that you are getting good spark from all of your wires...I had the same problem and I replaced my plugs thinking that would take care of it. It didn't. I talked to a Ford mechanic and he suggested I try replacing the coil packs, and that did the trick.
  5. 2

96 V8 Explorer, broken spark plug *pics inside of what I used*

**Update** Went back to the store and got the next size down. X5 I believe it was. Pulled the threads out no problem, and I got all new plugs wires and coils in it and man is it running nice now. Thanks to the people that posted in this thread that got me through this. I was stressin!
  6. 2

96 V8 Explorer, broken spark plug *pics inside of what I used*

Great thread. Need some advice here, however. I started on the passenger side of the truck, and got two plugs out, and two broke off. I went to the store and I got an easy-out for which the package states you should use a 17/32" drill bit. This worked for one of the broken plugs (using the...
Back