Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2002 Explorer engine light (code translation)

My son-in-law and daughter just got a 2002 explorer xlt this past friday and we were pretty impressed with the shape of the truck, ran and drove really well and then Sunday my daughter called and told me that the "service engine" light had come on and the O/D light was flashing and I told her to...
  2. D

Rear end roar-is there a fix?

04 explorer limited V8 automatic 4x4.I'm hearing quite a bit of noise in the rear end when accelerating or cruising at speed.My wife said I was dreaming,but I took a ride in the back seat today and the roar is much more noticable there.When you let off the gas,the roaring stops.Is there a fix...
  3. D

04 ex making me nervous at startup

it has nothing to do with the idle,the thing runs like a sewing machine.It just sounds like maybe it's not getting enough lubrication for the first couple of seconds.Thanks
  4. D

BTW it only has 49000 miles on it. Thanks
  5. D

2004 ex limited 4.6 V8. when it has not been run for several hours,and we turn the ignition,it sounds like the bearings are chattering for just about 2 seconds,then the noise stops. is this normal?thanks
  6. D

DVD player killing radio signal

2004 Explorer limited with aftermarket DVD player.Has a switch mounted in the dash bezel so that you can tune the radio to 88.7 and play the DVD sound through the speakers.Problem is,my wifes favorite FM channel to listen to is 88.7 FM. No matter what possition you put the switch in,there is no...
  7. D

04 explorer hard reverse w/only 48k miles

Shifting smooth now! Good news and Bad news.Bad news is that Ford will not even talk about covering any of this bill.The first question they ask is,are you the original owner,and when the answer is no and the truck has well over 36000 miles,it all goes south from there.Good news is,local dealer...
  8. D

04 explorer hard reverse w/only 48k miles

Limited w/4.6 V8 with 5 speed auto. I have taken this truck to the dealership mainly to pull the keyless entry code but I also told the service manager that the trans was not exactly right,changing from 2nd to 3rd but more so from park to reverse.About 50% of the time,it will jolt like...
  9. D

Accelerator acting really strange

Please forgive me for asking a foolish question,but what exactly is reflashing the pcm.This sounds like it can improve many symptoms.Thanks
  10. D

Accelerator acting really strange

2004 explorer limited 4X4 w/4.6 V8. We just got this vehicle last week and love everything about it accept when you push the accelerator to go,it's like it dosen't respond for a couple seconds and then it takes off like a shot rabbit.We are trying to just get accustomed to this and not worry too...
  11. D

2004 trailer hitch wiring question

2004 explorer limited w/4.6 V8.I've had the bumper cover removed and friday I will be swapping the 1 1/4" hitch for a 2" OEM hitch.I'm hoping that the wiring harness will be the same.Has anyone done this swap?Were there any surprises? Thanks
  12. D

04 explorer-rear bumper cover removal?

2004 explorer limited w/backup sensors.I am changing the trailer hitch from a factory class II to a OEM class III and I've just found out that I can't slide the old hitch off without the bumper cover removed or at least moved.Is this something I can do or do I need to go to the body shop? I only...
  13. D

Class III hitch

I have an 04 explorer limited with a 4.6 V8 and class II hitch and just bought a factory class III hitch off of one at the salvage yard.Only costs me $50 and looks like new.I was taking off the old one until I realized that this won't happen until the bumper cover is removed.It has the reverse...
  14. D

04 Explorer LTD transmission jolt in reverse

This explorer only has 48000 miles 4.6 V8 4WD and now when you shift from park to reverse,there is a long pause then a jolt.There is no propblem in drive. I am being told from the service guy at the local ford dealership that it is probably just the computer that needs reseting.Is this...
Back