Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Marc's 2001 Ford Explorer XLT

Nice I have a white one just like that with the same sport package
  2. 2

Problems after replaceing lower and upper ball joints

I hope I have fixed my problem I replace the front bearings and the dust shelds on the cv joints and it seems to be quite I hope it fixed
  3. 2

Cheap Shocks

I just put a set from autozone like the ones you are looking at and they seem to be close to stock they may not last as long as some better shocks I bought these before knowing about rockauto I would have looked there if I had known about them.
  4. 2

for the most part its consistant the sound is like a brake squeak but the sound is not affected with the brake on or off so I don't think its the brake I guess its time to start replaceing parts untill I find the right one. I was talking to a friend about it and they even said it may be the...
  5. 2

Is this the death rattle or something else?

my 4.0 sounds just like that and it has 78000 miles on it 2001 the ford dealer say it will run a long time sounding like this and from your truck has 130k I must have a lot of miles left
  6. 2

I will give this a try. When the truck was new one of the hubs was replaced under warr. and it sounded just like this. But from reading on this site most say they here a grinding sound. My sounds like a brake disc when the brakes get down to the wearning tab the brake are warn but I bent the...
  7. 2

Horrible front end squeak (passenger side)

I would think that if the rubber boot is still in good shape there would be little chance of anything getting in it the rubber would kinda self heal itself because the hole is so little
  8. 2

Just a update on the way home yesterday afternoon the noise was gone but this morning its back. I am still thinking its a wheel bearing I did double check the axle nut to make sure it was still tight and all looked good.
  9. 2

I tried jacking it up but I can't spin it fast enough to get it to make the noise.
  10. 2

Hello all The problem is after replaceing the ball joints I now have a squeal or squeak sound that goes away at higher speed. I am thinking wheel bearing. I have checked breaks and dust shield and thats not it I also thought it may be the cv axle rubbing where it seal and makes contact with the...
  11. 2

Torque spec. on ball joints and pinch bolt

Hello I am getting ready to replace my upper control arms and lower ball joints and need the torque spec on the pinch bolt and ball joints and axle nut Thanks in advance
  12. 2

Spark Plug Wire Recommendations

where does one find the right part # for motorcraft wires?
  13. 2

Timing chain rattle question

Hello everyone I am new to the forum and have read a lot on this issue. My 2001 ex has 77000 miles on it and the chain has been rattleing for a while now and my ford dealer replace the chain tenisioners and it is better but still there my question is how long will these things run making this...
Back