Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Fan Speed 1 and 2 not working????

nevermind Got my answer from this posting: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200288&highlight=blower+motor+speed+control+module Thanks Joe
  2. M

Thanks Joe, I visited the dealer today... he mentioned a similar part... is the location about the same? The dealer gave me a part number of 19E624... will have to figure that out. Of course the part is more too, 55 bucks instead of 15 bucks. The dealer printed me off an exploded view of...
  3. M

Automatic Climate Control problem? My HVAC sysetm seems to have a ghost... blower speeds randomly change or don't work at all... I think I have the same problem. However, I have the automatic climate control system, do I have the same resistor, or is a different part needed on mine?
  4. M

Help, 2002 roll over 50 mph

Motor City Its called the Motor City for a reason you know! ;) Another favorite place is called 24 hour auto... a local repair shop open around the clock that does great work too. I went there one time at 2 in the morning because I had a broken wheel stud on my Jeep... :exp:
  5. M

Vibration at speed

bad tread I would be lookign at the tires... I had a car once that did that, and it turned out to be a bad sprt on the tread of tire... at a certain speed the car would vibrate... maybe it was the perfect harmonic....
  6. M

All fixed Wow, 24 hour dealer was good...they called me at 1am to approve the work, and then called me back at 9am to say the car was ready... that's less than a day turnaround. Now the bad news, I needed a new bearing assembly ($87), A new Wheel Hub Assembly ($200), and new parking brake...
  7. M

update Well my brother-in-law and myself took the car apart a bit tonight... the problem became very obvious once we got the car off the ground... The Driver side rear wheel was wobbling... initally thought just loose lugnuts... but upon closer inspection you could see the whole hub assembly...
  8. M

All, I need some quick help, I have a couple things to try, but was curious if anyone else experienced this problem or know what it is. My 2002 Explorer EB has 102k miles on it... most things have been changed out, still on orignal shocks/struts though. Here is the problem... lately...
  9. M

Quick Help: Subwoofer panel question

Hello All: Just purchased a Audiovox XM Radio, and various parts to make it all work. Looking for a place to put it, I wanted to see if there was room in the sub enclosure on the rear passenger side of my 2002 Explorer. But for the life of me, I can't get the panel to come off. Has anyone...
  10. M

Questions on my new '02 EB

Speed Control Volume I know this is an old thread, but I just found out where the Speed Control Volume adjust is on my 2002 EB with the 6 disc radio. At anytime the radio is on, Hold down the volume knob for 5 seconds, release when it says "speed vol: 0". Zero means its off. It can be...
  11. M

Okay, just spent some quality time out in the garage with my Explorer... I found out the hidden menu is activated by holding down the "Menu" button... but before you run out and try it, you should know it doesn't work. Apprarently there are two versions of the 6 disc CD player... if you have...
  12. M

I heard about the load/eject features from a friend who spends a lot of time over at myfordfocus.com. A great site for Focus owners.
  13. M

Oh another cool thing... If you hold down the "Load" button, for a few sceonds, on the CD player, you can load all 6 discs at once without having to hit "Load" than the disc number. Same goes for "Eject", hold it down a couple seconds, and it will Eject all the discs.
  14. M

I have a 2002 EB also, here are my thoughts on your questions: 1. The manual states to use 87 octane. Will I do more harm than good using premium (93 octane) like I used for the 5 years I owned the '97? I am not an engine person, but usually the computer is coded for a particular type of...
Back