Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Reading hot while driving temp goes down at idle

The 2.3 should have active grille shutters - make sure they are opening fully and that both cooling fans operate low/high speed. Your vehicle may also have the customer satisfaction program for failing high fan relay 21N01.
  2. P

What is this unused plug for?

Looks like it is c2122, labeled as a test connector tied into the CAN lines. Appears it may be for upfitter validation/usage on police vehicles as it is inline between the gateway module and the generic function module for the police package cars.
  3. P

Dead Battery Problem

Water can get in to the layers of the b pillar trim/keypad and can keep the vehicle awake. You can replace the keypad relatively inexpensively <$100 for the part and it is held on with 3m tape and two trim clips. Fuse 21 should only power the keypad on your model. Your bio says 2013, this tsb...
  4. P

What is this part making noise?

That is the serpentine belt tensioner, the belt has likely stretched and the tensioner is rattling against its stop. Best to replace the tensioner and belt. Just 3 8mm bolts to remove with a ratcheting wrench or 1/4 ratchet.
  5. P

21S32 performed and my tires are junk!

The new toe links no longer use an adjustment sleeve in the center like the originals, rather they just use a pinch bolt and a slot on the outer portion at the knuckle. The only thing keeping your alignment where they set it is the torque on that outer fastener that is rather difficult to adjust...
  6. P

help! the "push on*off" pedal on left side underneath.

Not after the "new" DMV opened.... :dunno:
  7. P

Wheeling around southern PA/northern MD???

I've searched about this as well, the best option I've found, is Rausch Creek. Haven't made it up there though. http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/
  8. P

Error codes P0300, P0301, P0302, P0305

Check the wires for chafing or damage, check the coil for moisture damage/cracking, pull the plugs and make sure they are in good shape and have proper gap.
  9. P

what happened to my seat belt?

If you rarely have a passenger, you could swap it for theirs... I mean aren't most holding on for dear life anyways? :D
  10. P

Pully question

FWIW, my idler pulley seized to the bolt and unbolted itself about 10k miles ago, replaced it with the smooth pulley from auto-zone (it was originally a smooth middle, but with ridges on the edges, this one simply doesn't have the edges) and have had no issues. Also, the bushing is not included...
  11. P

3...2...1...ignition

I would recommend Accel coil pack and wires.
  12. P

Elec. Fan? Too big?

A friend of mine found this while seeking one for his 6.0 SuperDuty and sent it to me as part of his bad jokes, but im wondering if it would be possible to make this fit well in my '97 Ex Sport. I think it would take a good bit of work, but it could be done..... Right? :thumbsup: ? Or is this...
  13. P

Replacement Driver's Side Seat Frame

After 12 years of use, the bottom half of my seat has broken. The metal has sheared in half around the bolt holes that the seat back attaches to and will no longer support weight against it. A poodle could even push the seat back down..... Every place i've looked online gives me the seat tracks...
Back