Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Transmission A4LD - Reverse will not engage

I have a 1994 ford explorer with 160K miles and this morning the car would not engage in reverse. The truck does not slip in third gear and i am not thinking it's the Clutch. Could it be the cable or Vacuum Modulator? The Transmission oil looks and smells fine. Confused. Need some advice.
  2. M

How to: Install Your Own Shocks

I changed the front shocks with KYB Gas A Just shocks. Couple of notes. I have a Ford Explorer 2000 XLT 4 door 4x4 AWD. First in getting that top nut off the top shaft, I bought the Truck with the original OEM shocks and it has 146K. A day prior I liberally applied PB Blaster, and again an...
  3. M

Driver Side Door Wont Lock

Same Exact Problem I have a XLT 2000 and mine is doing the Exact same symptom. Keyless entry closes all the doors except driver side, but when closed the keyless entry can open it. Hammer, do you have a link to the diagram you were describing in your post? I will work on it this weekend when...
  4. M

94 4x4 transmission 1-2 shift intermittent

Options on transmission repair. I took it too a tranny shop and they emphesize that I should rebuild it. They didn't pull the pan down to check it, but said, there is probably sludge in it and it's a heat problem. A contaminate is also causing the Governor to stick. They offered me three...
  5. M

94 4x4 transmission 1-2 shift intermittent

I have a problem with my transmission but it's intermittent. My Truck has a problem shifting from 1-2. It only does it when the engine is cold and once the RPM shifts to 4K RPM it goes to second and then it does not do it again, until the car is unused for an hour or two. it only does this in...
  6. M

A4LD auto trans, servo replacement ?

Transmission problem maybe someone could help 94 4x4 explorer I have a problem with my transmission but it's intermittent. My Truck has a problem shifting from 1-2. It only does it when the engine is cold and once the RPM shifts to 4Rpm it goes to second and then it does not do it again...
  7. M

Transmission Vacume Modulator

My Gears are having trouble shifting. However, this happens only when the Truck is cold. trouble shifting from 1-2 then 2-3..once it pops at High RPM..then there is no problem for the duration of the trip. Rest the car for an hour, and there it goes. So This Has to be a Transmission Vacuum...
  8. M

Possible tranny problem

Transmission Vacume Modulator It sounds like a Transmission Vacume Mudualtor issue.
  9. M

Changing Spark Plugs on 91-94 Explorer

Question:siezing agent? I used liquid wrench, but there are tons of anti siezing agents. Does it matter? Is there one preferred more then others?
  10. M

Changing Spark Plugs on 91-94 Explorer

Changing Passenger Firewall Sparkplug I changed the spark plugs this weekend. I didn't have too much trouble changing this Pain in the ass "SP". What i did was Move the Steering wheel all the way left. This provided enough space underneath the wheel well to reach in pull the wire and...
Back