Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

More noise out of the pipe?

Here's a video of this setup on a Ranger 4.0 SOHC however it doesn't do as much justice as in person: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ3GNpKlGRQ
  2. M

More noise out of the pipe?

Ok, my hugest petpeive is doing something half-assed to make something sound loud. :mad: If you want to do it correct but its not to easy on the books do what I did: JBA Headers which are 50 state smog legal, and a Spintech Sportsman Street XL with a 3" inlet and 2.5" Dual out shotgunned over...
  3. M

Up or down MPG

Take it from me, I had my 2003 XLT on a 2" Torsion Twist and it handled and rode horrible. I also noticed that running 285/75r16's also hamperred my fuel milage. I am currently lowered 3" under stock using a Explorer Express kit and it handles and rides amazing. I do not have oversized rims...
  4. M

hey uhh this is weird

I have a 2003 XLT and have owned since new and do not have the trays. So defenitly not on the 2003 models
  5. M

PCV for 2001 Sport trac

I carefully used carb cleaner or starter fluid. If it idles up then you know you have a leak at that spot. Just be extremely cautious do to the flammability of the spray
  6. M

Looking for a subwoofer to put under the seat.

I'm Running a Rockford Fosgate Punch 350Watt Amp and a Sony Slim-line 10" 1200W sub that already comes in a box. It's a little pricey but sounds amazing and fits under the seat perfectly!! I am also running Pioneer 3 way 6x8 in all four doors. I purchased everything from Best Buy. Hope...
  7. M

PCV for 2001 Sport trac

On the back of the drivers side valve cover against the fire wall. You are going to want to get one from ford due to the coolant line that comes already attached as opposed to auto part stores do not. Here is a awesome write up on how to change it. http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/...
  8. M

engine stalls in idle/Ford sport trac 90,000/05

Also replace your Throttle Position Sensor. It cost ruffly $24 or so. My 98 sport was doing the same thing. Changed the ICV and TPS and runs so smooth now.
  9. M

Broken shock?

Procomp ES3000 is a great shock that performs just as well as Rancho's, just $10-$15 a shock cheaper. Check out www.4wheelparts.com
  10. M

Clunk in the rear of my 2003 sport trac

How is your universal joints in the rearend (U-joints in the driveline for lame-man terms, LOL!!!) ? Also, do you have the factory limited slip differental and when was the last time it was serviced? LSD's can destroy their carriers with some abuse (Spinning the Tires, Over Sized Tires, Etc.)...
  11. M

Sorry if this offends you but..... Huge waist of time, money and a Sport Trac.:thumbdwn:
  12. M

1999 Explorer Sport OHV 4.0L oxygen sensor locations?

If it is the same as my 98 SOHC Sport, it is on the passenger side just after the exhaust manifold. You may need to jack up the passanger side and remove the wheel to see it. It is a good way back there so you may need some light to see it. ~Mike
  13. M

Pic request 2nd gen 31" tire stock lift

Here is a link on how to do the TT lift and is states you can easily fit 31" tires with the lift. http://www.explorer4x4.com/torsionbars.html
  14. M

Pic request 2nd gen 31" tire stock lift

TT= Torsion Bar Twist. There is a bolt that comes down on each side of the torsion bar keys. You can lift the front suspension by 1.25"-1.5". Some will go the full 2", but I would not recommed going above 1.5" due to a severely harsh ride on bumpy roads. If it were me, I would do a 1.5"...
  15. M

Suggestions for new tires on 99 XLT

I am running Bridgestone Duler APT III on both my '03 Sport Trac XLT and '98 Explorer Sport. However they are P255/65r16 for the Sport Trac and P255/65r15 on the Sport. I occasionally go to the snow as well as drive in the city. I have had great traction as well as great wear with these tires...
  16. M

Should I buy a Sport Trac?

Defenitly a good family vehicle. I have a 2003 XLT 4x2 with a K&N FIPK and a Spintech 2.5" In 2.25" Dual out exhaust and get around 22-26MPG depending if I get into the accelerator. I also have a 17month old and a 4 year old and have never had an issue getting them into the Sport Trac. As for...
  17. M

Is this the death rattle or something else?

Could it be a Catalyst Converter problem? My Jeep was famous for rattiling around 900-1500 RPM Range and no rattle 1500+. As soon as I replaced the Cat, no more rattle. Good luck.
  18. M

New to the forum

No Sorry Sam, I don't know him. Does he have a Chevy with Redneck across the window? Saw one yesterday going down the freeway and wondered if it was Alex.
  19. M

2003 Sport Trac sputtering/rough idle.

Try changing the O2 Sensors. It could also be the Cold Start Sensor if it only occurs when cold. Hope that helps, all I can think of at this time.
  20. M

Alternative to Rancho RS5000 series shocks?

Try procomp shocks, they might have some that will work.
  21. M

Sport Trac shocks on an 01.

Shocks Currently I have Monroe Sensatrac Shocks and they are really smooth shocks. If you are planning on doing a Torsion Twist and a shackle in the rear, I would recommend Rancho RS5000 or above. ~Mike
  22. M

Boom, then oil gauge went nuts... won't run

If I remember correctly, The SOHC is a interference Engine therefore the possiblity of the valves smaking the piston is very high. The way you described, "Running Like a Powerstroke" I have strong suspension that you indeed smack the piston and therefore your heads and Pistons are destroyed and...
  23. M

o2 sensor replacement 2003 sport trac

If you are looking on how to replace them it is very simple. It is stricktly a un-plug, remove using a 5/8" wrinch and install the new one anf plug in the conector. I can take pics of the location of the o2 sensors if needed. ~mike
  24. M

trouble sizing tires-a little help please

I have a friend who is running 265/75r16 on his 04 sport trac with a tt and shackle only. Hopes that helps any.
  25. M

New to the forum

^^^Looks good! Nice Ex-Sport
Back