Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Frustrating transmission problem.

well, it'll need to wait for a bit to test the pressure, though the torque converter not seating right is a possibility, i seem to remember buying a lot of beer that weekend. i suppose i could pull it and give it another shot. any suggestions for improving the odds of a good sync?
  2. A

when i drop it into gear nothing moves, unless I have the rear axel supported, in witch case at idle in any gear but reverse the tires will turn, but very slowly and with no power. I cant see it being past two things, one being that there is no fluid flow. either the torque converter isn't...
  3. A

quick question just a short question before pouring through all the information here, what do all the plugs/connections do? since I swapped out the transmission from the torque converter to the drive shaft from a vehicle i drove from the front of the house to the rear, I know they all work...
  4. A

Aerostar parts work in Explorers! How about a forum?

great idea when i was looking for a transmission a while back the guy at the scrap yard was trying to sell me one from an awd areostar, said that all id need to do st swap the shifter linkage over because their opposites ie, park is first. I guess thats one spot to get a good transmission...
  5. A

I have a 1992 ford explorer 4x4 that has been giving me hard times. well only one since i bought it when it needed repairs. I originally bought it to go camping/fishing while still having a warm space to sleep without needing a tent without the gas tag of hauling a camper. Its gotten to the...
Back