Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

What size spacers??

cool so 1.5'' all way around then, what about the tires what you guys think? should i get 15'' tires so i can fit 31's or use my 16'' and fit 30's?
  2. E

How do I lift a 1999 Explorer?

cool ill look more into but i had a cpl of questions since i got you rolling lol I hate how the rear wheels look on my xplorer, becasue they are way too much tucked in, especailly with the EB fender flares. What size spacers can i use to make them stick out more?? Do i need spacers just for the...
  3. E

^^^^^^^^^^what did u use for the front to lift it??? what shocks are u using btw??
  4. E

What size spacers??

I hate how the rear wheels look on my xplorer, becasue they are way too much tucked in, especailly with the EB fender flares. What size spacers can i use to make them stick out more?? Do i need spacers just for the rear or the front too?? 2nd question is, which offroad size tire can i fit...
  5. E

quick question for you guys, instead of using shackels can you use those summit racing leaf springs? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLF-01-194/
  6. E

Soft Brakes???

k thanx ill def try that, as for pads i know its the right ones lol...what about if there is air in the lines, how can i loosen up the bleedin nipples?
  7. E

Blend gate wire

the blend door is NOT broken, the new motor was not working at all, i tried it before droping it in, i pluged i to see if it would work before i droped it in but nothing...im trying to see if its the wires or something....btw i know what you mean about the blend door but mine is not broken in...
  8. E

Soft Brakes???

Okay so i have been doing some major naintnance on my 1998 5.0 EB edition explorer. My rear brakes were starting to make noisy so i figured i would change the pads and the rotors. Changed the rotors and the pads, and when i started to drive the truck i noticed the break pedal is very soft and...
  9. E

Blend gate wire

Okay so my blend gate motor went bad on my 1998 5.0 EB edition (what else is new right), so i went and ordered another motor from the local auto store, got it and before putting it in i figure would test it. Plug it in but nothing, trying to switch between cold and hot nothing the motor, would...
  10. E

Flowmaster size?

what size is needed for the V8 5.0 1998 ??
  11. E

Rear stabilizer shock?

yeah thats why i am dissapointed also, i got the blue monroes as "the factory like shocks" but on dirt roads if the road is too bumpy, the truck starts going crazy and its scary sometimes.
  12. E

Rear stabilizer shock?

yes my truck had the normal shocks too, no air shocks...so its safe to say that i have no choice but to change the shocks in order to avoid the crazy wheel hoping on dirt roads..
  13. E

Rear stabilizer shock?

i dont know but i got the blue monroe shocks,and it seems like all the shocks available are nitrogen gas charged for bothe EB or limited..
  14. E

Rear stabilizer shock?

yes i have the eddie baur one, i am not sure if the rear are air or not, i just ordered my monroe shocks from rockauto.com, because they were the most reasonable priced ones..if the rear ones are not air, will it make that much of a difference?? what do you guys recommend?? btw this is the ones...
  15. E

Rear stabilizer shock?

do you need to change the rear stabilizer shock??is it a must, because i changed all my 4 shocks with the blue color Monroes but everytime i hit a dirt road/bumpy the rear bounces sooo much that it will go sideways, how can i fix this whole bouncing thing?? would changing the rear stabilizer...
  16. E

Muffler Replacing

thanx Bill, btw which series flowmaster did u get?? and what were the inlet and outlet dimensions??
  17. E

How to: Install Your Own Shocks

do you need to change the rear stabilizer shock??is it a must, because i changed all my 4 shocks with the blue color KYBs but everytime i hit a dirt road/bumpy the rear bounces sooo much that it will go sideways, how can i fix this whole bouncing thing?? would changing the rear stabilizer shock...
  18. E

Muffler Replacing

I have an exhaust leak from my muffler and i need to replace it, do you guys think i should replace it with an OEM or get an aftermarket one such as flowmaster?? If i get a flowmaster what kind of inlet and outlet do i need..thanx...btw this is for a 98 5.0
  19. E

Changing Brakes How To

my question is, how do you guys bleed the brakes, cause the bleeding nipples on my calipers dont seem to want to loosen up at all, and i dont want to break them.
  20. E

A/C blend door questions.

A few questions about the blend door: Is the door inside the evaporator or outside? How easy is it to be replaced or fixed? Does it run off a motor or vacumm lines? Thanx in Advance guys:D
  21. E

Hey new guy here and in need of some help..

I am having a hard time getting the evaporator core (the huge black box behind the glove compartment) to open, any tips? I have no idea where to start on this thing, how do you open it?
  22. E

Thanx a lot guys i am going to try and look at the blend door tomorrow, but the blend door is inside the evaporator core correct? Because there is another door that opens and closes when the heat is turned on which is on the corner behind the glove compartment.
  23. E

Hi every one , just join the forum and wanted to introduce my self. My name is Eddie from Michigan and i drive a 1998 Eddie Bauer Explorer with a 5.0 in it. Love the truck because it has been good to me, but my problem lately is that my AC is not getting as cold as it should. It start acting...
Back