Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Intermittent "Rub" Noise?

Left front hub would be my guess! I had a similiar noise, it was the left front hub. There is a 16 page sticky write-up on how to replace them.
  2. T

Stiff steering and poor steering wheel returnability

Fluid change was the trick. Sorry I never reported back. I was able to fix this problem, by just changing the fluid. I'm still surprised that it fixed it. I just sucked out all the fluid from the reservior, then refilled. go for a drive come back and repeat. I did this for about two qts of...
  3. T

How to: How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

grinder worked for me I did both of my hubs today. I used the grinder technique for the 3 bolts. As people have said a 4 1/2 in grinder won't cut all the way thru the bolts. The craftsman 15mm wrench for the two bottom bolts and the wobble extension for the top bolt with a 12" piece of 1" black...
  4. T

Will do. with the storm I haven't had chance to work on it yet.
  5. T

thanks for the tips, I will check into the free movement of the wheels.
  6. T

Long time lurker and I have used alot of great info from this forum. This forum is the best. Well I have a 2003 Explorer V8 with 126,000 miles. Recently I have been having diffculty with my steering. The steering is stiff and the returnability is poor. I have check the fluid, the level was...
  7. T

Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have...

Thanks to the OP 2003 4.6 Limited 118k on it. I have lurked for a while and have used alot of good information from this site, thanks to all the posters. My check engine light went on the other day, code P0405 ( EGR Flow Sensor A circuit low input) anyways I search and found the thread about...
Back