Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Front Quick Strut Install

Quick Struts Was a bit of a puzzle getting them in without removing upper control arm, which probably would have made it easier. They are now 2 years old and I am thinking they may already need replacing with about 40k miles on them and not real hard driving I just think that they are too soft...
  2. R

wheel Alignment

So I replaced my upper control arms, not too difficult a task just time consuming and a little aggravating but all in all not too bad. Well as would be expected my alignment is way off now and I brought it to the local garage guy who specializes in alignments, he has the best state of the art...
  3. R

Front Quick Strut Install

yesterday I installed two new Monroe Quick Strut on my Ex and here is the pics. I hope this helps anyone who attempts this and it was anything but "quick" yeah here it is and thats what it looks like heres the old one Remove this bottom bolt from this side, here ford...
  4. R

Help needed in replacing 2002 Rear shocks

Its the piece of rubber between the top of the tower and the body, and mine was only attached to one bolt, where the bolt is in the middle of it and behind it, sounds like you had the different style that has wings on each side that the nuts go over , much easier and makes sense. also mine seems...
  5. R

Monroe Quick strut Wanted to ask, were you able to get the jounce bumper back in at the top of the strut tower?, The only way to remove mine was to destroy in in the process. The nut was behind it with absolutely no access to unbolt. I reinstalled without it, but cant figure what its purpose...
  6. R

Monroe Quick strut ordered from Rock Auto on 3/27 145.79 ea. $311.05 total w/shipping and shipped 3/28 ten rec'd yesterday. Must admit, rock auto has always been #1 Just finished installing the "Quick Strut" they should call it the somewhat easier but not so quick strut, even with the coil...
  7. R

2005 4 wheel high buzzing sound

buzzing It does have this feature, but with the vehicle in 4W high it should not be the case. Its my understanding that the advance track is only when the vehicle is in 4W Auto that it delivers power to the wheel as necessary. I may be wrong and I am sure that someone on this board knows for...
  8. R

2005 4 wheel high buzzing sound

So today we have been hit with a big snow storm and a chance for me to test the 4 wheel high button, all seems working fine with one exception. I was making a u turn nothing extreme, just a u turn and the ex does a little slide while turning and I hear Buzzing noise from front end and it seems...
Back