Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

The Timken one I just install had new bolts
  2. M

The three bolts are were pretty easy but the hub was welded on with rust...lol
  3. M

3 beers later and its off....lol
  4. M

I have the three bolts out and im using a slide hammer and this damn hub wont budge.....lol...I need more beer
  5. M

NEW 24" Tires, on 295/35/24! HUGE tires! No Rub! Check it out!

Ok...update....mountaineer is out the shop and she is getting her new shoes next weekend......
  6. M

Trans leaking

Funny thing is that it never leaked until today.......I was doing about 90...I started seeing smoke slowed down and saw it was leaking....it is coming from the bell housing so that's the front seal...damn!
  7. M

Trans leaking

Ok....another question how do you fill it
  8. M

Trans leaking

So where is the trans fill at?
  9. M

Trans leaking

Trans is leaking and I need to find out how to check the fluid level.....thanks guys
  10. M

going from 5r55E to 6r60 or 6r70 transmission.

The 6L transmissions and the 6R transmissions are basically the same.....truthfully the 4L and 4R are very similar as well....
  11. M

going from 5r55E to 6r60 or 6r70 transmission.

Gm and Ford did develop this Trans....I was on the project with Borg-Warner at the time...
  12. M

The Mountaineers have a 44mm Offset .....
  13. M

Thats what I was going with the 24X10...damn it..
  14. M

Yeah....I'm getting them to put them on......I'm glad you posted this thread........is there a difference offset for awd...?
  15. M

Got a O4 Mountaineer and Im going to put 24s on it.....They dont want to sell me 35 series tires...
  16. M

4.0L rough idle

My wifes 04 Mountaineer has a rough idle but no trouble codes......I changed the plugs and wires already...oh and I swapped coils just to see if the problem followed to my truck....any suggestion? Thanks
  17. M

4.0L to a 4.6L or 5.4L

True True.......damn maybe Ill just get a FX45
  18. M

4.0L to a 4.6L or 5.4L

Ill still have to mod it even if I buy a new one so it my cost me the same
  19. M

4.0L to a 4.6L or 5.4L

I wouldnt have this problem if ford had of release the tremor..........I dont want a srt 8 jeep or ss tb...
  20. M

4.0L to a 4.6L or 5.4L

Can I use a aviator motor or a cobra mustang motor.......?
  21. M

4.0L to a 4.6L or 5.4L

I have a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer awd and was thinking of swaping the motor to a V8....I was wondering if this was possible.....Thanks in advance
  22. M

HID and Halo

Im looking for a Halo/Hid headlight kit for my 2004 Mountaineer....If anyone was any info where I can get one please let me know...
  23. M

Brake fade problem.

I just found out that my master cylinder is leaking around the front o ring. Is there a replacement part for that?
Back