Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

My 1998 Mountaineer won't start.

i have seen sensers work one min then the next not work i have pushed the plugs got them to start the senser has one way resistor battery can cause the low voltage
  2. M

Engine noise.

i must add it has 165k miles
  3. M

Engine noise.

no just to quiet to have oil pump trouble
  4. M

Engine noise.

oil pump i dont think its it quiet on top the clicking nosie just started
  5. M

i would try to return it autozone are known to have bad eletrical parts napa or motorcraft from the dealer is your best bet
  6. M

Engine noise.

i have 97 explorer xlt 4.0 ohv i stopped at a light rolled down the window sound like lifter nosie so i check the oil it was quart low i put in a quart as i listen noise was coming rear of the engine as i rev the engine nosie goes away i been noticing at 65 mph the engine has a noise like thud...
  7. M

where did you buy the senser you may got a bad one
  8. M

Solved Transmission Band Adjustment Specification Chart

can you go back words now after its all together
  9. M

but ofcourse if the ntermediate clutches are burnt together it will only go forward
  10. M

just making sure you might have some burnt together clutches it could be why the pieces was off the band
  11. M

did you adjust the band again after you install it
  12. M

Replacing Freeze Plug '02 4.6L

02 should not have rusted out freeze out plug but its possible on the early 4.6 the tube under the intake had rubber hose on one end they rot and blow in 98 they changed the tub to one piece im not sure they are on that model in the vally of the motor for water to drain check the intake around...
  13. M

Replacing Freeze Plug '02 4.6L

hi yes there is 2 freeze out plugs in the block and also one in each head as well
  14. M

my 97 explorer is leaking anitifreeze on the cat i cant see where its from could it be heater core

my 97 explorer is leaking anitifreeze on the cat i cant see where its from could it be heater core
  15. M

97 Explorer wiper & horn issues

hi where is the horn i cant find it on my 97 explorer
  16. M

Rebuilt motor problem

that will do it also
  17. M

Doesn't want to go in drive.

it only do it in drive or does it do it in any gear check and fill the fluid
  18. M

Rebuilt motor problem

might forgot to plug something in or cross something
  19. M

Timing Chain Pictures!?!

where is the best place to bye the parts for the timming chain part on 97 explorer
  20. M

97 Explorer with transmission issues.

hi well i have put over 1200 miles on my transmission it has not went out as i drove it it only got better im used to driving cars with the 3 speed with od transmisions so i wasnt sure how the 5 speed automatic shift patterns are but now i have to fixed the engine issue (the timming chains)
  21. M

Timing Chain Pictures!?!

hi i have 97 4.0 that has the noise at start up just about every time if i shut the engine off wait a few seconds then start it. it goes away but not all the time i can hear it just a little when i drive the engine gets about 3000 rpm's i can hear the clicking noise. i know im going have to...
  22. M

97 Explorer with transmission issues.

could my speed odometer sensor be causing my shift problem it works but when i had my code scanner on it it shows no speed
  23. M

5R55E valve body issues.

sounds like might have some forward clutches bad hard to tell with these models
  24. M

Does the Explorer have a transmission computer or does it use the PCM?
  25. M

im sorry im wrong it was direct clutchs burnt together
Back