Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

What's going on?

lol
  2. B

What's going on?

Thanks for all the help. I took it to ford and they said that the torque converter was slipping. They flushed the trans and the coverter and its shifting fine. I traded it in this morning on an 03' acura. I am gonna miss that thing.
  3. B

What's going on?

This morning on my way to work the o/d light started to blink. I turned the car off and started it again and it still is blinking. I noticed that the car wasn't shifting smoothly. It does shift but sometimes its alittle harsh. Sometimes it will shift into o/d and other times it won't. I took it...
  4. B

Malfunctioning Lock

glad to help :)
  5. B

Malfunctioning Lock

I had something like that happen to my driver's door on my 98. It started not unlocking when i used my remote...all the other doors did. Then I couldn't get it to unlock with the key. The only way i could get the door to unlock was pulling the handle inside acouple of times. I finally gave up...
  6. B

Upgrading

I have found a 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer. It's in the local paper and i haven't called the people yet. It says its loaded with all options and has 52,000 miles. They are asking $14,900. Does that seem alittle high? I went on kelley blue book and did a private party total which came up with...
  7. B

Aftermarket sunroof

My console looks just like the one in the picture, so it shouldn't be a problem.
  8. B

Aftermarket sunroof

Well i just go back from the ford dealership and they looked at me like i was idiot. The service lady said we don't do that and they don't have any names. So i went to the chevy dealership down the road and they gave me a number of the guy they use. He told me he has done alot of explorers and...
  9. B

Aftermarket sunroof

He sounded a little uninterested when i called. My problem is i live in a small town so finding someone that does this is hard. I would pay more just to make sure its done right and will last. Maybe ford can help me out and hopefully not charge me an arm and a leg.
  10. B

Aftermarket sunroof

Yeah, I have seen websites with pictures of aftermarket sunroofs. I think i will ride over to the ford dealership and talk to someone about it. I still think its weird that one place can do it and another can't. :rolleyes:
  11. B

Aftermarket sunroof

I have done some research on sunroofs. I wanted to put one in my ex. From what I have found when I searched is it can be done and work just like a factory one. I called a local place that does sunroofs and he told me that it can't be done, and we all know because of the how the top has grooves...
  12. B

looking to upgrade

Yeah i think i am gonna go ahead and get an explorer. I found one yesterday but the place was closed so i am gonna go tomorrow and look at it. Its a nice 02' eddie bauer so hopefully it will be in my price range.
  13. B

looking to upgrade

My dad is the kind that doesn't care what he drives as long as it drives. He only drives about 5 miles a week because his business is in town. I also take really good care of my car, its like brand new. So there is no point in getting a new car. He has business cars and stuff so this is just to...
  14. B

looking to upgrade

Yeah, a limited would be nice. But if i bought one i would probably be strapped for money and couldn't get rims. I would probably go with the eddie bauer. My trouble is just finding one in my price range. I drove a 2004 xterra when my parents bought a 04 quest, it was nice but they don't really...
  15. B

looking to upgrade

Well the time has come to get a newer car. My dad has my old 91 explorer and its starting to fall apart. So he wants to buy my 98 which leaves me looking for something new. I have been looking at trailblazers and envoys. Something different from ford. But i realized they were just big...
  16. B

Coolant

I took my car to get looked at today and the guy just called and said he couldn't find anything wrong. He is going to let it run awhile and check for steam or leaks. I wonder if he is going to pay for all that gas he is using :fire:
  17. B

Coolant

Lately I have been having trouble keeping my coolant level up. I have seen no puddles or any signs that the radiator is leaking. I went to the oil spot about 2 weeks ago and the guy had to fill it. Today when i got home from class i noticed that the car filled my garage with smoke and the smell...
  18. B

Couple of Issues on my X

I also had the rattling under my X. Took it to the dealership and they found a rock in my heat shield. No more rattles!
  19. B

Oil Spot

Funny isn't it? Forgot to mention that they found i was 2 quarts low on coolant....but he only charged me for one.......he wispered it to me like it he'd given me an oil change for free or something. 2 quarts only costs $2. Looking at the paper now why if there was something wrong do they put OK...
  20. B

Oil Spot

What tests do these people do to check the diffs.? And if it was just done wouldn't it pass that test? The transfer case...i hate to admit it but i really don't know what that does (transfers power from back to front?). I guess i would have to take it somewhere to have it changed. They are also...
  21. B

Oil Spot

Today i went to the oil spot to get my oil changed. Everytime i go there they tell me that i need to change the same things.... Transmission, front diff., rear diff. and transfer case. My car has 122,000 and i had both the diffs. changed at 110,000. I did the transmission at 88,000, and i have...
  22. B

Rear Windshield Wiper

Ever since i bought my car the wiper hasn't hit the whole window. I tryed the bending and it never really worked that well. I got on here and saw the TSB on the wiper arm and went to the local ford place and bought the replacement arm with the AB on it. Works great..very tight against the...
  23. B

Changing light bulb

Last night i noticed that my light for my rear wiper was out. I went this morning and bought the tool to remove my radio and i got a new light bulb. I have the bezel off and now i don't know how to get to the light. There are 2 clips that hold the control on the the bezel but they are hard to...
  24. B

Thanks

Well last wednesday i put a deposit on a 2005 scion tC. I am selling my explorer to my dad. He really needs it. My mom drove his 91 40 miles with only 1 quart of oil. I just wanted to say thanks for all your help over the past 2 years. It has saved me in more than a few problems. I am sad to...
  25. B

acceleration vibration

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110412&highlight=accell+shudder I guess that will get you to my post. I had this same problem and i got it fixed. Maybe this is whats wrong with your explorer
Back