Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

v6 sohc Explorer Sport straight pipe?

I loved my sohc straight piped, no mufflers, no cats, duals dumped under cab. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-poTD13jcw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB4YgRWbcbI
  2. C

Doin pretty good, been real busy with work, just got a convertible 300zx recently and have been...

Doin pretty good, been real busy with work, just got a convertible 300zx recently and have been putting a lot of time into that as well. Unfortunately I completely submerged my explorer in the lake but I pulled the tank and just need to do a few more things to make it run again.
  3. C

Use same key in two Explorers?

I am a locksmith and the guy I work for showed me a neat little trick that I did on my explorer, if you look at the head of your key you can see the part of the chip little rectangular outline. If you use a bench grinder you can slowly take the plastic down and take the chip out. Then you can...
  4. C

how many miles on your ranger?

99 sohc ex 212,000 98 4.0 ranger 63,000
  5. C

My new stitches thread...graphic!

Oh my god Butt crack head just made my day, hahaha.
  6. C

For Sale 01 Sport Gauge cluster

Ok if you want to pm me a phone number for someone I could get a hold of to get the address later that would be great.
  7. C

I Could probably get it today or tomorrow actually, It would have to be after 530 or so today when I get off work.
  8. C

If you still have this in a week or so when I get a little extra cash, I will buy it from you. I live in lake travis so I could just pick it up from you.
  9. C

Snorkle and almost finished custom bumper

Haha Thanks, its just some 6 in square tubing that I got for free, angled the ends and welded my brush gaurd to. I cant wait till they're finished and I get the spare tire carrier on back. Also I need a Locker haha.
  10. C

Please give some info on 1.5" body lift

I did a 2 in sloped body to level out my SOA out back, here is a link to the 3 in body lift blocks, only 3.75 a piece, http://www.xtremeterrain.com/3tallx3widebodyliftblockbyzoneoffroad.aspx?utm_medium=Shopping&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=googshop just cut them in half so you only need 5 of...
  11. C

misfire only from idle to 2500 rpm

oh ok I figured since it was only on one side it had to be like an injector or something only effecting the passenger side, I will go ahead and give that a try, Thanks. Chase
  12. C

misfire only from idle to 2500 rpm

I have had this misfire that isnt real noticeable except at idle, it is on the passenger side for sure, I have dual straight pipes and I can feel it on the passenger side exhaust only. If I rev the engine it misfires up until 2500 to 3000 rpm then goes away after that. I have recently changed...
  13. C

Snorkle and almost finished custom bumper

Finally had a day off, just need to cap the ends and make a rear with tire swingout. Then lockers or welded diffs haha. Oh and a flex pic, I want a damn SAS.
  14. C

3.73 with 33's, 5 speed, 4.10 worth it?

Haha I would love to buy it if you were close lol
  15. C

77 D44 HP-Narrowed & 8.8, 4.88s, Detroit, James Duff parts, 35s, Missouri

I am curious on the last pic what your front bumper is made out of size wise, I have some 6x6 square tubing that I was thinking of using to make something similar, and was wondering if that would work
  16. C

Decisions decisions....1999 sport 4x4 200k

New shocks and 4 door leafs make an incredible difference on a sport, if you feel the need you can even throw an add a leaf in there once you get the new leafs on. Stiffened up my truck quite nicely.
  17. C

Ok thats what I was wondering, at least i have low range now haha, thanks for the response. Chase
  18. C

Ok so I dont have money to regear to 4.88 like I would really like to do, My only option which is fairly cheap, is to buy junkyard axles with 4.10 from an ex, theyre around 125 each, I am seriously thinking of doing this because I want to weld the spider gears anyways so it would be easy to just...
  19. C

If you had 2g's for your truck....

4wd Swap biggest improvement, for around 500 bucks, then get yourself a locker, Thats what I did, everyone makes it sound hard when it really isnt, most difficult thing is pulling the trans and thats not hard to do. Just a suggestion haha.
  20. C

body lifts and steering extension - when?

I can say that I have a 2 in sloped body lift and I dont have an extension, steering still feels the same.
  21. C

How much weight have you safely towed?

I have a 99 sohc 5speed manual with 3.73's and 33's, I towed a 2001 chevy 2500 HD with an 8.1 liter in it which probably weighs 6000 lb at least. Only problem I had was I burned my clutch pretty good trying to get moving fairly quickly, but I would blame that on being undergeared with 33's, I...
  22. C

I Have to Load An Engine in My Cargo Bay - 200 lbs+

Just have to add I had a 5.3 liter 2 cylinder in the back of my 2nd gen, John Deere, haha.
  23. C

Could someone please school me on Solid Axle Steering (Leafs

Ok, you did not lose me, that makes much mores sense, I always thought solid axle steering was really complicated because there were so many links but its actually pretty damn simple. I am going to do some more research for sure and hopefully start scavenging parts here in the next 6 months or...
  24. C

Thank you very much for explaining this for me, The only real reason that I wanted to go with a 30 was because it has the same bolt pattern, and width. Eventually I want to go to 1 tons, but for now I just want to get rid of the IFS and have leafs up front. So for steering basically you just...
  25. C

Ok so I am set on getting myself a leaf sprung D30 under my front end sometime as soon as I can afford. I want to do leafsprings for sure, not a huge coil fan, what I was thinking, let me know if I am wrong because what really confuses me on solid axles is the steering. I am thinking if I get a...
Back