Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

after market horn switch

I am trying to install an after market horn button due to my steering wheel being "damaged". im sure its been done b4 and was just wondering the easiest way to do this and if any1 has wiring diagrams that would be awesome. thanks for the help:salute:
  2. M

modding my ex?

i would be considered a newby in the off roading world. im looking for a list of some cheap mods the will give me more flex and ride height. im a decent driver when it comes to wheeling. so im not worried bout breaking anything. i just want a more cappable rig without having to dump tons of cash...
  3. M

New Navajo Truggy build

this has to be the greatest build i have seen! keep up the good work. cnt wait to se the finished product, and to see it on some trails. how much u gonna charge me to build me 1? lol
  4. M

So, What's Your Favorite-Latest Mod?

what is the oil pressure mod? i have never herd of it b4 i read this thread
  5. M

1st gen with 4.10 gears??

did they ever make a 1st gen with 4.10s in em? i want to re-gear and if i can find a set of junk yard axels with 4.10s in em it would save me alot!:exp:
  6. M

another idle issue

i feel ur pain buddy. mine does the same thing. ive tried everything i can think of. ive just come to accept it.
  7. M

sport axles into 4 door

its a dirrect swap. no moving anything. ive read on here that u have to change the master cylinder to 1 out of a 2nd gen. but idk bout that?
  8. M

Bw 1350/1354

i was told that its possible to make it work, im not sure how. do some research. theres gotta be some1 on here that can tell u about it.
  9. M

off-roading tires

yes its worth it. i love my tires. i got them last winter in the snow season and even in 6 inches of snow and ice i coulndt get them to spin no matter what i did.
  10. M

off-roading tires

check out treadwright.com i have asat of the MT's and have bout 25,000 on them and still have over 1/2 the tread left. by far the best tires ive ever owned. and cost me round $500 for the set, shipped.
  11. M

need help with 4x4 driveline in sanford nc.

i live just north of gboro in summerfield. i mite be able to help u out but i would have to see it in person. hit me up if u need help
  12. M

NEW CHOPPED NAVAJO UPDATE-----what ya'll think?

i have to say this rig is absolutly bad A$$ dude. keep up the good work and posr more pics
  13. M

towing with a 91?

i am planning on towing a 96 s10 on a tow dolly and was wondering if im gonna be safe. i have a 91 xlt, running 31's with 3:55s.
  14. M

ladder rack for a 91?

im looking for a ladder rack 4 a 91. if some1 knows where i could get 1 or any ideas 4 a custom 1
  15. M

What kind of mileage do you get in your 1st generation Explorer?

i used to get 300 to a tank, now with the 31 MT's im lucky to get 260, 3.55's such a$$
  16. M

4x4 worked this morning, but now nothing.

u mite have to take the shift motor off and turn it back manually. thats what i had to do. turns out hitting it with a hammer can shatter the magnets in the motor. (thats what happened to me)
  17. M

what could be the problem?

i took off my shift motor cause it was locked up, and i tried to turn it manually and the front tires never pull. could it be hubs? there is no noise comin from them.
  18. M

issues with the 4x4

ok so my 4x4 wouldnt work b4 cause my shift motor was locked up and now even with it off i can turn it manually and the front tires still never pull. there is no noise comin from my hubs of nething.
  19. M

issues with the 4x4

would the light still come on? im running with no shift motor and tried to turn it manually and the lights dnt come on. so how do i tell if its engaged or not?
  20. M

help me with my shackle problem

do the auto zone shackles give u the same lift (if any) as the warrior shackles??
  21. M

axel code 45???

thanks man, that helped. but what is a open diff???
  22. M

axel code 45???

on my door jam the axel code is 45. ive never seen it b4. can any body help me out?
  23. M

front and rear gears???

(and will be a Dana 35 TTB.) what is ttb???
  24. M

front and rear gears???

how do i tell what gear ratio i have and weather its a LSD or a posi? also how do i tell which front axel i have?
  25. M

DIY How to install a Remote Start Alarm Keyless entry System on a Explorer 1992

has any1 figured the clutch bypass out yet?
Back