Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Blower motor (I think) just died

After a couple hours yesterday, its not the blower motor. I pulled everything out and plugged a new one in and nothing. Came back inside and researched more and I've been having symptoms of a failing speed control intermittently since I bought it. I put everything back together with the old...
  2. L

I wasnt to able to check fuses when it happened, I jsut got home and checked though. The only fuse for the blower motor was inside, a 7.5 amp. It was fine, not blown. I know theres a relay under the hood, I pulled it out and reset it but Im not sure how to check if its dead or not? And im not...
  3. L

hey all, been awhile since I last posted but I've gotten a lot of great help here in the past so I'm trying again. I think my heat/ac blower motor literally just died on me (about 20 minutes ago) I was out on a service call and it was working perfectly normal then the fan just completely cut...
  4. L

Jerk while driving

Hello all, A weird problem started with my X today. 99 EB SOHC, 181400 miles. When I was driving home from class, going around 35 MPH, my truck started to do a weird jerk/lunge. It almost seemed like someone was pushing the clutch half in then letting it back out. I think it is a transmission...
  5. L

Mpg computer read?????

the computer in mine hasnt ever gone above 385 after a fill up. i just went on an all highway 280 mile round trip, it reported i got 23 mpg but when i checked the real way it was 15.....not sure how much you can trust it, but i think it cuold be right if mine got a good bit of work, bought it...
  6. L

Explorer 1998 5r55e tranny problem

best of luck, all i can say is avoid driving it until its fixed as much as possible. i let mine blink for about 2 months and what started out as the same as yours (torque converter clutch solinoid) ended up being an entire transmission overhaul because it threw off gear ratios, shredded metal...
  7. L

SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th

just looked over my finances, dont think i can this year, saving for a place in september. but hopefully next summer i wont make a bad decesion (dui :() and can throw a lift and some tires on it. I really want to convert it to a manual just dont think i can find the parts in my area...
  8. L

SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th

Would it still be fun/managable for a stock 99 EB? Ive never been and I would love to check it out...15 hr drive but you only live once right
  9. L

Worst stuck pic thread

maybe we should have a contest voting on the worst stuck thread, winner gets a free locking diff :D:D
  10. L

Worst stuck pic thread

i wasnt there when it was getting pulled out, i was at work which i had to get up for 45 minutes after i got home from trying to dig that thing out. i think its just a stock f250 though. i am determined to go back and make it through that hole again...after a locker, some lift/tires and a nice...
  11. L

Worst stuck pic thread

I got stuck on thursday night at about 10PM and i was there with friends ttrying to get it out till 5 am. first tow strap snapped instantly and my friends jeep grand cherokee couldnt even budge me, he ended up snapping his exhaust pipe on a rock when he left to get new rope and chains. couldnt...
  12. L

Locking Diff

I had a terrible experience last night getting stuck over night pretty bad, just got pulled out by an f250. I know need a locker in the rear and I want to get it done. I do not feel confident enough to rip apart my DD like that, im an electronics guy not a gear person and i just dont have any of...
  13. L

HVAC random blast

When I drive my 99 SOHC (160,000 miles) it will randomly turn the heat or a/c on to full blast for a few seconds then shut off. Sometimes it also will take 2-5 seconds to turn off when I press the off button, it used to be an instant off. My truck is the Eddie Bauer, so it has the digital HVAC...
  14. L

WTF now... Turbo/turbine like whine in 1st gear.

my 99 did that for awhile after i had it rebuilt, i just told people it was my supercharger;) mine went away after awhile, it hasnt happened recently. I was told from the trans shop its nothing and i havent had any problems. mine did it through every gear though. best way to solve - turn up...
  15. L

Emergency help needed

I dont think i mentioned that it had caused any vibration.. it just bounced like hell thanks for all the help tho i am currently searching for the sticky on how to replace them
  16. L

Emergency help needed

didnt even have to jack it up that bolt that holds the sway bar broke off..easy fix right??..i hope..
  17. L

Emergency help needed

no no abs light--abs light has come on in the snow when i am drifting but i thought that was just because wheels were spinning excessivley etc.. it went awy when i turned car off and back on
  18. L

Emergency help needed

what should i be looking for when examinging those parts? i am kinda leaning towards shocks since i know mine are old and blown out..i have exactly been easy on my X in all the snow weve been getting...
  19. L

Emergency help needed

99 EB 4L SOHC 155,600 Miles Something had to have broken on my suspension tonight. I was driving some friends to the movies tonight when i heard a loud bang from the front of my truck but i thought nothing of it at first. Then a few minutes later driving on the highway, my truck started to...
  20. L

HELP!- Brush guard installation 2000 Explorer.

I had trouble with mine also, I can post some pics after i take them. You have to have the mounting brackets in the frame, but in it [B]loosely[B] then you can make the struggle of putting the brush gaurd on. my front bumper ended up kind of tearing because of the bracket. I had to cut away some...
  21. L

How to: How To: Transfer Case Fluid Change (Photo thread)

So the kind of moaning sound i hear from the front in 4WD is a normal sound then?..I hope with the 2 + feet hitting us this weekend..
  22. L

How to: How To: Transfer Case Fluid Change (Photo thread)

Can you elaborate on this IZ? Mine makes a kind of whining sound only in 4wd and its front the front i can tell, are you saying i have a rear diff in the front at its the wrong way? Is this something that ford did? it doesnt seem to make much sense to have a part that cant stand up to the torque...
  23. L

Foxracin's 1991 Exploder

Lovin it! Im thinking about getting a roof rack similar to yours and putting the exact same lights on top, but my question to you is how did you go about running the wires for the lights? I want to avoid drilling and running anything in the body (hopefully until my X is in my name, still in my...
  24. L

02 EB 4x4 High?

when in auto and it detects wheel spin it will kick into 4wd. ive tested this many times going through mud with mine in auto but once my back tires start spinning like mad you can hear it click in to 4wd. when you have it set to 4wd obviously it will make the truck always spin front and rear...
  25. L

abs light on from snow storm??

Ive had the same issuie as you this weekend (but here in MD we got 20 inches) and as i was playing with the X in the snow doing doughnuts, my truck actually stalled at one point. i turned it back on and left the parking lot. at the end of the intersection the abs light was on i turned truck off...
Back