Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

explorer sport pics

Sadly selling it...
  2. T

4.0 sohc...turbo or super charge?

Its not as easy as just slapping a turbo/supercharger on your truck to make it fast, you'll never utilize the full potential of your turbo/supercharger unless you build your motor to match. But if your looking for faster acceleration i would go with a supercharger, because they don't have the...
  3. T

Suspension/ ball joint??

hello, sorry to bring back a thread from the dead but did you ever find out what the noise was? my 98 sport recently started doing the exact same thing
  4. T

98 sport before and after

Thanks guys, I mainly go wheeling in the mud, with tight trails hill climbs etc. and I wouldnt recommend the boggers if your going to drive on road alot, but the radial tsls work great and dont wear nearly as bad. But neither one are very good in the snow or ice. And im running 33 12.5 15's...
  5. T

theres a couple reasons, the biggest one being, in the mud, boggers push well, but dont steer well at all, so the tsl's help steer. And while side-hilling, buggers like to slide sideways while tsl's dont. So far this setup has worked really well, it needs 4.88's and more ground clearance, but...
  6. T

Explorer ring & pinion question.

Hello, i've been doing some research and cant find the answers i'm looking for. I have a 98 explorer sport, and i found a great deal on some 4.10 gears out of a 2001 ranger, but i know the ranger 8.8's are only 28 spline, so my question is, will they work in my explorer? Thanks for any help, and...
  7. T

new 33 Tsl's and Bogger's

So today i finally got my tires mounted up, with just a little bit of trimming on the inner fender. Its just a 98 sport with a 3" body lift, and 33 12.5 tsl's in front and boggers in back, on steel street-lock wheels (ignore my lack of front bumper, its temporary while im building the new front...
  8. T

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Here's my 98 sport, 3" body lift on 33 a/t's. i have a set of tsl's/boggers on separate rims for when i take it out wheeling too.
  9. T

Well its more like mid-way, I still have to put the tt in and some new four door leafs in the rear, and build some bumpers for it. but here's some before and afters...
  10. T

Finally an explorer owner

Nope i'm not, my last name is Christofferson actually.
  11. T

Finally an explorer owner

Well to start off my names Tanner, I've been looking around this forum for awhile now, looking at some pretty cool buildups. And recently I gathered up enough money from my part time job to buy my own explorer. It's a black 1998 2 door 4.0. I got it for $800, the only problem with it is a large...
Back