Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

How do I replace the spark plugs on my Aerostar?

That will work for #3? I can barely get the socket on that one. Usually I have to use a wrench on the end of the socket. Maybe my tight spaces ratchet will do the job. Like I said, I'm going to try that method this time. Last time I did these the van was infested with about 15 black widows...
  2. W

Post your WTB Aerostar parts here.

PCM wiring harness for Aerostar 4.0. I'd have to know what year so that I could get the appropriate transmission. Later years would probably be better than earlier so I could use 4.0/trans out of more numerous Explorers. It seems that everyone cuts harnesses at my junkyards, so I can't find...
  3. W

How do I replace the spark plugs on my Aerostar?

Now, of course that seems like an idiot questions. I'll prove I'm not that, but the reason I asked is because there might be some different methods appropriate to the Aerostar because of changes in year models, shifter location, and engines. Not to mention that it's really difficult to change...
  4. W

Persistent Engine Missing

Looking at that cracked insulator, I'm surprised it wasn't running hotter than usually. Cracked plugs generally cause hot spots in the heads which also affects the way the engine runs. I'm having the same problem with my 97. I just haven't gotten around to checking the plugs. I thought it was...
  5. W

"Simple" repair question; any assistance welcome.

Before we go assuming spindle damage, it does take some wiggling to get the things to slide on most of the time. What happens is that the loose cage and rollers will get in a bind when you slide it on. I can tell you when I've had bearings go to the point where the rollers fall out of the...
  6. W

Pre- build advice

Yeah, I was starting to wonder that. I can work around the fuel pump and other parts, but not the ECU. MAP sensors are easier to adjust for cams and FI, but the fuel injectors are something I must have re-programmed. I think I'll be better off searching out a 4L harness, ECU, and trans than...
  7. W

Pre- build advice

Ok, so I blew up the engine in my 92. It's a freak though, maybe because it's a cargo van- it still has a flat tappet cam 3.0 with a MAP instead of a MAF. We load this workhorse down with ladders and some material- approximately 600 lbs of dead weight on it all the time. I've given some...
  8. W

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

I currently own the king of the Aerostars- a 97 dual air 4.0 with the plastic intake. It screams. I've surprised a couple of ricers before, and made my wife laugh on a 0-55 run on 72 in Corinth MS. I'm no road racer, but it is funny when you are at a stop sign at pole position with an early 90's...
Back