Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

South Carolina Owners?

I go to school over at Clemson. There's a couple of decent explorers built running around campus. Most people know mine because of the "exploder" sticker on the back window.
  2. C

Rear brake Problem

This is the fourth change of brakes. They've always been done at the same time. The last time I replaced the brakes was last june. One other thing, brakes don't last 121,000 miles
  3. C

Rear brake Problem

Yesterday, I was changing the brake pads at all four corners. The rears were worn twice as much as the front. Is this a sign that the calipers are done with? I have 121,000 miles on it. Thanks Mike
  4. C

engine performance what do i need?

If you go to my website and scroll down to "my exploder" you can see the mods i have done to pick up a few Hp. It is noticeably, but some mods, like the TB and MAf aren't worth it without a custom burnt chip.
  5. C

I need new U-Joints...Greaseable or Non-Greaseable..Where to buy??

Fischer, I have the same symptons as you. I also do not have the ls. I have checked for play and there isn't much at all, if any.
  6. C

Right turns causing radio to short, antenna to go up and down

Have you checked under the hood to see if you can visually see the wires running? I'm thinking you should look behind the radio again by taking the center bezel out, maybe taking out the glove box too. If you can, possibly the liner of the wheel well would show you more. I wouldn't fool with...
  7. C

Right turns causing radio to short, antenna to go up and down

Since the antenna will extend with the radio off while in the right hand turn that would mean power would have to bypass the radio and go to the antenna. My assumption would be that you have the power wire of the antenna touching a wire that is hot. I am not very good at electrical stuff but I...
  8. C

Transfer Case Question

No transfer case, No install Nope never did. The yard i was buying it from called up and told me that UPS damaged it so they had to return it. How do you damage a transfer case? Drop it from 15 feet? Anyway. I've started to look around again for another one.
  9. C

Transfer Case Question

I was never a fan of the control trac. It always kicked in when i was in a controlled slide in snow and would jerk the truck around too much. It also seemed to grab alot when in a turn while in fourwheel drive and yank the wheel a little.I like the idea of being in four wheel drive when its...
  10. C

Transfer Case Question

Well, I ordered by Manual shift Borg Warner 13-54 on Friday. Its supposed to be here Thursday! I will hopefully have fourwheel drive again this weekend. What kind of oil do you guys recommend for the t-case?
  11. C

Transfer Case Question

One other thing, does the speed sensor match up?
  12. C

Transfer Case Question

Thanks for helping out. Thats the kind of response i was looking for! Why did you have to cut the floor boards? Is there a hump plate that will work? Anyway thanks for the help. I always loved driving older pickups with a manual 4x4. The feeling of pulling on the lever and knowing power is going...
  13. C

Transfer Case Question

OK I checked around and it seems there are good prices for used transfer cases. Here's the real question, Should i replace mine straight up OR should I replace it with the 13-54 manual t-case? I would like your opinions from the guys who have done this to there 95+ explorers with an auto...
  14. C

1191 Explorer problems with OD and 4WD

od problem When my OD went out, the OD synchro cover blew off going down the road. I believe the synchro went bad. I had a CEL (actually a flashing OD off light) saying that the gear ratio for OD was incorrect. I believe the synchro or bands went bad for OD. ALthough i did drive it for a couple...
  15. C

Transfer Case Question

I was looking at www.woodfins.com or something and the choices were those two models. I wanted to know the difference in the two. It seems like the rebuilt models online all go for around 800+ with a 300+ core charge.
  16. C

Transfer Case Question

I am looking to replace my transfer case. I went looking online and wanted to know the difference between the 4405 and the 1354. is the 4405 for the 5.0? thanks
  17. C

Help me find 4 wheeling music

There's a song by C.W. McCall (He did Convoy) where he is chased by the cops whiole driving his jeep. Although he sings about a jeep, the lyrics are funny since he is doing it in a "spoken" voice.
  18. C

Mileage on original transmission

Tranny 1-blew at 61192 Tranny 2- blew at no more then 3000 more tranny 3- blew at 71000 tranny 4- blew at 82000 tranny 5- making it past 106000
  19. C

Rear Main Seal Replacement

Thanks alot! thats what i was hoping to hear about the jack. I am pretty competent with my tools, just kinda slow the first time. Can i move the tranny enough with out undoing the fluid lines or is it not possible to get enough movement? Seems like the rest would be kinda easy with a tranny...
  20. C

Thanks for the help. I was planning on changing the rear main whenever i get around to installing a manual t-case in my exploder. I am at college but i have a decent place to work on it at our boathouse. I'm guessing the hardest part is dropping the tranny. I don't have a jack to do this and i...
  21. C

Anybody have any idea on what it takes??
  22. C

TT/WAR153s for 2" lift

I measured before and after on all 4 wheels. I got exactly 2 inches in the back by using the shackles. This was before i drove it so some settling could have occurred.
  23. C

anyone in south carolina?

I go to school in Clemson. My mom lives in North Myrtle Beach.
  24. C

I have a 95 with an automatic tranny and 4x4. My rear main seal is leaking pretty bad and was wondering how hard it would be to replace it?I know i need to move the tranny back and take off the flywheel but how difficult would it be? Any estimates on time doing it by myself or with another...
  25. C

How to raise gas mileage?

A larger MAS and Tb allows more air to the engine. Only problem is, you have to learn to keep your foot out of it. The air sucking in roars off the line or at a down shift. It turns heads but its not good for mileage so you will have to control yourself to get optimum gas mileage with these.
Back