Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Rear AC blowing HOT air when on AC?

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 with the rear air conditioning and for some reason when i turn on the back it blows hot air, what could be wrong?
  2. 1

Best Exhaust Muffler for V6 Explorer

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 with 80250 miles. My friend has a 2004 Suburban and just got a Flowmaster 50 series muffler that i fell in love with! I know comparing a V6 and a V8 in ridiculous but what is the best sounding exhaust for a V6 i dont really it to be raspy i kinda want a...
  3. 1

Suggestions of Tint? 15% All Around?

my recommendation is to deff go darker rather than lighter, i think the stock back is 20% but i would go with 15% on the front because if you get 20% on the front then it will be lighter because of the sun coming through the windshield so id go with 15%. Ive had my windows done like 4 times...
  4. 1

Re-Adjusting Roof Rack Cross Bars

I have a 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer with the roof rack cross bars, but ever since i purchased it, the cross bars with both pushed all the way to the back. I would like to move them evenely spaced to the front and rear like normal, how do you do this?
  5. 1

That is a picture of it today, sorry about how dirty it is hahah im a high school student and barely have time to wash it haha. but i love my explorer to death.
  6. 1

it is really dark, i havent driven late at night yet so that should be interesting, but i will post a picture tomorrow or this weekend my truck is really dirty and could use a good washing. I really like how the tint keeps out the sun and protects the interior! the only thing i didn't get tinted...
  7. 1

just an update: today i went and got them done after debatingg, they look amazing! on the drive and passenger front side i have : 20% over 20% on the backss i have the stock privacy glass with 15% over that and it matchess just about perfectly.
  8. 1

I have an 06 Eddie Bauer and currently it has 27% on the two front side windows and the stock 20% on the back, tomorrow im going to get 15% added all the way around. will it look evenly proportionally?
  9. 1

20" Tire Suggestions

Michilin's all the wayy!
  10. 1

Hissing noise when accelerating then dies out

I have a 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 and sometimes when the heat is on and at the beggining of my acceleration, it will hiss for about 5 seconds then stop but will do this everytime i accelerate. This only happens occasionally. To elaborate on the sound, it sounds like when you turn the manual...
  11. 1

Door Ajar Problem in Cold Weather

So lately here in Charleston its always very cold in the mornings, around 29 degrees and usually i go outside and start my car up and let it warm up but after i started the truck and shut the door and tried to lock it by the keypad it didn't work and on my little information screen it says door...
  12. 1

Door sounds odd.

Today i compared the two doors and noticed that at the very bottom there are two oval holes that are closed with rubber inserts, on my driver side door only one is in and not the other. i will look at that bushing tomorrow.
  13. 1

Door sounds odd.

My 06 Eddie Bauer's driver door seems like its missing some pieces of rubber to cushion the slam because it doesn't sound like the passanger side door. The driver side door makes more of a clunk sound but the passenger side door makes more of a smooth slam like most ford trucks and suvs. do you...
  14. 1

06 Explorer Transmission Problem Maybe?

so was this free? i dont have an extended warrunty. and also is this throughout all ford dealers or do you think it was just maybe those around your area?
  15. 1

Back in an explorer!

ok thanks just wondering because ive got an 06 Eddie Bauer that i want the front windows tinted to match the factory tint!
  16. 1

Back in an explorer!

are those front windows tinted to match the back ones?
  17. 1

Engine Reving when Braking?

2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 4x2 AdvanceTrac with around 72600 miles and ive noticed when braking alot my engine will rev up then back down also sometime when i brake hard i will feel my transmission kinda knock down into gear. what are the fixes for these?
  18. 1

Best RPM's for Gas Mileage

I've been getting a steady 16.1 but lately ive needed to drive agressively and its down to 15.4 but i plan on getting it back up. on the highway i get 23.2 mpg and thats going 69 with the front and rear ac on 1 & 2. I do mostly city driving which kills my gas mileage but i only have to fill up...
  19. 1

Eddie Bauer for 2011???

No Eddie Bauer Will not return only base xlt and limited
  20. 1

Best RPM's for Gas Mileage

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 4x2 72,650 miles. Im a high school junior and looking on way to get the most miles out of a tank, i've started to drive much more economical lately but accelerating to 2,000 rpms and allowing it shift. Since the explorer has more top end torque well atleast the...
  21. 1

Chirping Noise at Idle?

It isn't a belt it sounds like its coming from the right side of the engine and its in tune with the idle idk if its a normal sound because while the engine is running i do have a ticking but its a normal engine ticking sound kinda idk how to explain.
  22. 1

Lazy shifting

I have the same problem but i have a (2006 EB V6) and i hear its the drive by wire lag! but i could be wrong.
  23. 1

Chirping Noise at Idle?

2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 72600 miles. When at idle i have a chirping noise any suggestions as to what it could be?
  24. 1

18" Chrome Stock Explorer Eddie Bauer Rims where to get?

Yes the 18" are like this but the 2010 20" wheels look pure chrome! but im not sure.
  25. 1

18" Chrome Stock Explorer Eddie Bauer Rims where to get?

they are the eddie bauer and limited 18" chrome rims? yes send me pictures but i may not buy right this momment.
Back