Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

02 Explorer broken rear coil springs?

I just replaced my rear coils & all 4 struts. To get the struts out I unbolted the spindle from the lower control arm & then used my foot to push the lower arm down for room.
  2. E

Can 6x9's fit in the doors?

had to cut short the install due to storms coming in, may have an issue with the depth of the 6"x9" being 3", and only having about 3" inside the door when the glass is down. Will have to do some more investigating another day before I start cutting the inside of the door.
  3. E

I just took the RR door panel off, looks like I am gonna have to jigsaw the speaker opening larger to make it fit. Just ran in to see which wires to connect, haven't figured that part out yet. Gonna be ok for depth if I enlarge the hole towards the top- so it stays away from the window...
  4. E

strut help

go to rockauto.com for all your replacement suspension parts. I also have right rear spring broken + right front strut leaking so when I searched for parts that is the best & cheapest by far.
  5. E

I have a 2002 XLS with stock speakers in all 4 doors. I have a nice set of 6x9's that I saved from my last truck that I would like to put in. Has anybody ever modified the stock location rear door 6x8's to fit 6x9"s? Thanks for any replies!
  6. E

What have you done to your 02-05 'X' or Mounty today?

I looked at once from the living room window. I don't think she'll get any attention today, I'm enjoying chilling with the kids & playing Mario Kart on the Wii.
  7. E

Anyone in Indiana???

I live in Anderson, and have an 02 XLS.
  8. E

No mine is a V6 xls with only the class 2 hitch & 4 prong plug. FYI- rockauto.com sells replacement springs as a pair that are half of the cost of autozone & advanced auto parts sells them here. I can get a pair for $100 + shipping online, and they are 115 each at Autozone.
  9. E

Drewstang's 3rd row swap thread

I did a similar mod to my old 98 F-150 airbox, and then replaced it with a stock one a while later. I think that opening it up inside of the hood lets hot engine air in. Hope it works better in your Explorer!
  10. E

I just bought my 2002 2wd XLS last week, and had tires put on. When I took it for an alignment this morning we found the right rear spring broken 1 coil up from the bottom. Looks like I am going to go an aftermarket route for my replacement set also. Will get pictures tomorrow, I was too mad to...
Back