Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

metal rattle when i put 02 in reverse

i jut noticed this morning that when i start my 02 ford explorer 4.6L 4x4 it makes this slight clinking sound almost like the fan is rubbing against something. Doesn't happen everytime but i notice that this has happened more often over the past week. I heard it once when driving but thought...
  2. P

code p1131 & p1151 check engine question

i got both of these codes for 2 days in severe cold teens temp and the check engine light came on. today it's 50 degrees and the check engine light is no longer on in my 2002 4.6ltr eddie bauer 4x4 should i start by replacing the mass air flow sensor?
  3. P

right front window won't go down...

I have a 2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L Passenger side front window will not operate from the driver side door controls or the front passenger door controls. all other windows and lock work from drive side and the lock works on the passenger side. starting about the same time, I'm had the red...
  4. P

2002 Explorer V8 AC compressor cost?

It looks like I need to replace my ac compressor in my 2002 v8 explorer and it looks like it's a job to get to it. the compressor is deep under there isn't it. Might be more than I can handle myself to replace on my own with my limited knowledge/skills What's a ballpark price to replace an AC...
  5. P

A/C compressor problem or clutch

I'm hearing something that sounds like it's bouncing randomly around when i engage the air conditioner (sounds like shaking a rock in a sealed plastic bowl) also....every once and awhile when i turn it on a hear something that sounds like clutch slippage for a split second and i can feel a...
  6. P

Where is this engine whistle/hum coming from?

I have this sound coming from the engine. Any thoughts what this might be and how to stop it? Is it serpentine belt? https://drive.google.com/file/d/16nD1-Z8hy1RhPTonWBi5Wvoo_gipep9Ncg/view?usp=sharing
  7. P

check engine light, replaced o2 sensor, now light back on???

I'm getting a p0156 code (02 circuit bank 2 sensor 2) and I replaced the driver side O2 sensor for the downstream check engine light went off for a day or 2 and is now back on giving me the same error code what should i be looking at next? 2002 explorer eddie bauer 4.6L 4x4
  8. P

locating oxygen sensor

I'm getting a P0156 code (02 circuit, Bank 2, sensor 2) Want to see if replacing the oxygen sensor will help I read another post that mention it was driver side downstream on the left of the tramsmission but I can only find one on the right side of the transmission see pics attached...
  9. P

P0745 code with trans. flaring

I'm getting the P0745 Generic Pressure Control Solenoid A, and it's flaring between gears 2 and 3. It's not Missing any gear. I remember someone saying that flaring versus missing a gear might lead to different possible solutions. This transmission was rebuilt less than 1 year ago and...
  10. P

AC quit...compressor?

The ac quit on my 2002 Explorer 4.6l eddie bauer. air still blows, just not cold, if i turn up the heat, it will blow hot air. I was told it was the ac control module in the dash, i replaced it and it didn't fix the issue. just checked the ac compressor clutch and it's not spinning with...
  11. P

what is the name of this AC module?

edit: my second post has more info on what part I'm trying to locate I"m starting to notice this from time to time...but not all the time when i turn the ac on, it will blow air fine but at the ambient temperature then will cool after about 30 seconds..much longer than it ever has in the...
  12. P

window stopped working, what part is this?

passenger driver side window stopped moving up and down sounded like i heard something break off and fall in the door panel when it quit can hear that motor still engauges when i push the window switch for up and down and motor will work thru the cycle and stop at the top point (where the...
  13. P

transmission: flush and/or filter ????

which is better for cleaning the tranny so it restores proper operation....as I'm trying to see if that solves a problem before I start spending lots of money on rebuilds or replacement? 1. a complete flush or 2. replacing the filter and the fluid a flush gets out all of the old...
  14. P

transmission problem??

I have a 2002 explorer 4.6l automatic , 170,000 miles, tranny fluid never flushed every morning for the first 2-3 transmission gear cycles, the transmission "slips" for a second when changing from 3rd to 4th gear (approximately) then it goes away...I'm assuming after it warms up and...
  15. P

Tie Rod Problem

I'm trying to identify a problem that is getting worse and I'm not sure where it's coming from. I feel a slight "hitch" with a very small amount of "play" in the steering at the very beginning of turning the steering wheel left or right. Something underneath the vehicle seems to be sliding...
  16. P

steering chasis problem?

I'm trying to identify a problem that is getting worse and I'm not sure where it's coming from. I feel a slight "hitch" with a very small amount of "play" in the steering at the very beginning of turning the steering wheel left or right. something underneath the vehicle seems to be sliding...
  17. P

what is this engine guard

what is the name of this guard under the front of my 2002 ford explorer eddie bauer so that i can find replacement parts or the best way to fix? see pic here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxlt9KkK_s5INnNHekY4ckFJYzg/edit?usp=sharing it has 4 plastic threaded rivots that are supposed to hold...
  18. P

Codes PO201 and PO301 ???

I just got a check engine light and checked the codes and got these problems back...what might be the issue? PO 201 Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 1 PO 301 Cylinder 1 Misfire detected thanks for any help
  19. P

remove interior amp/sub panel

trying to change the ground to the factory amp as suggested in threads that i searched here but i can't figure out how to get the paneling off to get to the factory amp searched countless threads in this forum and google looking for "2002 ford explorer factory amplifier removal" among other...
  20. P

need help locating factory amplifier turn-on wire

how do i locate the explorer amplifier turn on wire? I'm trying to install this 12 volt to 5 volt step down converter in my 2002 eddie bauer explorer because i'm getting the factory amp pop when i start the engine this is the converter i got on Amazon...
  21. P

engine dies when idling, need advice

i have a 2002 explorer eddir bauer and when it's sitting idling correctly for a few seconds sometimes it will choke out and stall the rpm gauge shows the shows a sudden drop...sometimes it will recovery right away and continue to idle correctly...other times the engine will die. this seems...
  22. P

explorer chokes out during idle???

i have a 2002 explorer eddir bauer and when it's sitting idling correctly for a few seconds sometimes it will choke out and stall the rpm gauge shows the shows a sudden drop...sometimes it will recovery right away and continue to idle correctly...other times the engine will die. this seems...
  23. P

steam coming from top left of engine????

FYI: Dobbs just replaced about a week ago: 1. cracked manifold 2. #5 ignition coil 3. plugs 4. plug boots driving it for a few days after those fixes with no problems then I see steam from under the hood near the windshield, not the radiator. The steam seems to be coming from these 2 small...
  24. P

changed battery, now popping from subwoofer

I'm hearing popping coming from the right rear in my 02 Explorer eddie bauer. I think it's the factory sub. I changed the battery and then this started happening. it happens only when i press on, hold, and let off of the brake what is causing this? I used to hear an amp pop when i...
  25. P

speakers pop when i step on my brakes?

I'm hearing popping coming from the right rear speaker in my 02 Explorer eddie bauer. it happens only when i press on, hold, and let off of the brake what is causing this? I have not changed anything in my radio system or speakers.
Back