Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Help with Charging system issue, battery light

Thanks for the help. Went to Oreilleys and got a replacement alt. Installed and everything is cool!
  2. S

Great advice Verno. I want to check the negative cable but I can't see where it goes to. What is the path from the battery? straight to the alternator? ScAndal
  3. S

OK Here is the scenario: (sorry for the novel) 2000 Explorer XLS battery light when on last week. Battery level guage was slowly dropping over the week. Went into Checker and they tested alternator. Tested OK. Said it was probably battery of cables. On the way home battery level...
  4. S

2000 XLS won't go in reverse. Feels like the rear is locked up?

GOT IT WORKING! I unhooked my battery in case it was an ABS issue or something like that. I then removed my rear driver side tire and pounded on the emergency brake latch (just beyond the spring) with a hammer. It didn't seem to move at all. I then put the tire back on, hooked up...
  5. S

OK that makes sense. I'm guessing it's probably the drivers side that is the problem though since I couldn't rotate that tire?
  6. S

jt, is the parking break only on the driver side rear? It appears to be?
  7. S

OK I checked all four wheels and no bolts loose. A possible clue: I was able to rotate each tire while I had it lifted on jack except the rear driver side. It wouldn't rotate. Almost like the breaks were engaged still. Not sure if this is a clue or normal. What about the emergency...
  8. S

jt, I'll check the brakes but wouldn't the issue happen in forward if that was the case as well? New front pads around 3 months ago. ScAndal
  9. S

Forward gear works fine. When I put it in reverse it feels like it's trying to go in reverse but the tires are locked up? Any help on where to get started would be appreciated. I should also note transmission is automatic. ScAndal
  10. S

How to swap leaf springs?

I have pretty serious gas tank sag on my 2000 Ford Explorer XLS. I'm wondering how hard it is to swap the leaf springs from right to left in order to balance them out. I have very little experience working on the Explorer but i'm willing/eager to learn. Are there any tutorials online...
  11. S

Leaning to the left?

How hard is it to swap leaf springs? Is there some kind of writeup to swap leaf springs? I'm pretty much a rookie. Thanks in advance, ScAndal
  12. S

I get a shock everytime I get out of Truck?

Anyone know what is causing this? Its starting to really piss me off. I'm starting to feel like the guy going to work on office space. As soon as I touch the door getting out I get a big shock. I have a 2000 Explorer XLS ScAndal
  13. S

Do all Explorers have Factory Amps?

How about a 2000 XLS? ScAndal
Back