Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Questions about 4.0 SOHC/ECC-V computer

I'm considering using the 4.0 SOHC/5R55E combo in a project I'm building, and was wondering if the 'engine computer' would start/run without the GEM attached? Thanks!
  2. J

Seat cushons

Explorer seat cushons According to the usenet group, Ford still sold replacement seat foam for the Explorer. I've been chasing down other 'bugs' (dead water pumps, bad replacement water pumps, getting the AC going again, etc) so this has been pushed farther down the list. I'll let the board...
  3. J

Seat cushons

After a second bout with my A4LD which ended up leaving it parked for about 9 months, I've noticed the seat cushon on the drivers seat has pretty much 'died'. Too much heat exposure I assume. I'm wondering if anyone has heard of a replacement molded seat cushon for the '92 Explorer's...
  4. J

$300 Supercharger!?! Works with SOHC!

haha This thing is too funny... I should get one and use it to cool my CPU (I already have the world famous Delta 60mm 38 CFM-rated fan that cranks out a whopping 45db @ 7000ish RPM... Pulls 0.5A @ 12V :) hmm... Maybe I should put a Delta 38 on my intake... Its a good concept really...
  5. J

Rebuild 91-92 A4LD Auto Transmission

Hahaha I've heard and seen parts from worse. Getting rid of the metal bits wasn't the easiest task. Compressed air didn't do much since as you can guess there was a lot of burned up ATF in there that was on the gooey side. I ended up after tearing it all the way down getting out the engine...
  6. J

Rebuild 91-92 A4LD Auto Transmission

I found I was generating a hideous amount of heat after the release springs for the overdrive clutch pack blew. Didn't really cause drivability problems until the valve body got full of spring dust... I did a "complete" rebuild (my bands and clutches were pretty well worn after 155k miles) but...
  7. J

Converter won't lock up.

Sounds like what I'm dealing with, My 92 XLT 2WD did the same thing after a 30 mile drive, idled for about 90 seconds, then started off again and had to return the 30 mile trip with no lockup. I recently had the original torque converter fail (149k miles) and I was able to get about 500 miles...
Back