Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

40 inch or 50 inch LED Light Bar

Check the latest pictures in my registry because I'm not on my home computer and its an ebay 50" radius bar. Not sure if I'm going to mount it to my crossbars or to the truck's roof itself.
  2. S

40 inch or 50 inch LED Light Bar

It looks to me like a 50" bar won't fit on the roof. I'm wanting to mount it to my yakima crossbars. any idea if a 50 would fit without looking goofy or should i stick with a 40"? Also looking into getting a 20 mounted in the grille. its for an 01 sport trac. Thanks guys
  3. S

temp gauge says overheating but...

its air in the system. same thing happened to my truck when i did my radiator. can't remember if it did it when i did the thermostat and housing.
  4. S

Shooterdude's Sport Trac

Yeah it's a very difficult decision. But idk what the future holds. I've gone through this spell before. Really all I have left that I want to spend money on is 35s and 18s. I think if I pulled the trigger I won't be as bored of it but idk we will see. I'd much rather have one of the guys on...
  5. S

Shooterdude's Sport Trac

Truck is for sale! PM for details! Latest picture
  6. S

Wanting to test the waters with my Sport Trac

Well guys, I've been pondering the idea of selling my truck. I just want something new to work on. For those of you who know what's done to my truck I'd love to get your input, but for those of you who don't, well here ya go: 01 Estate Green Sport Trac 2wd fully loaded with tan leather...
  7. S

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

corkey, its 13" collapsed and 19" extended
  8. S

Mine is 600lb. Been thinking to bump it up to a 700 or 750. I have absolutely no preload on the springs now but they look compressed and as if they can't hold the weight of the truck. I'm afraid that if I add preload then the springs won't compress anymore. As far as valving I have no idea what...
  9. S

What are the usual oil leaks on a 4.0 SOHC?

X2 on the valve cover gaskets. Also check your oil pan gasket if it's got a lot of miles. Mine doesn't leak but it's showing thru the seams.
  10. S

Thanks for the input and reassurance. One thing I forgot toention is I'm back to square one with shock travel. Hardly any bump travel and tons of droop travel. Either I find a different spring rate to see if I can make the truck ride good with preload on the coils (there is no preload on the...
  11. S

the one issue that i don't want to encounter is having my truck down forever to do the sas. i don't want leaf's period so that runs into even more downtime. linking would be my way to go. i won't use it, ever probably, just for looks. however before i do that i'd want to rule out everything that...
  12. S

ok guys, i need some thoughts on this... pictures will be included to help with the explanation but bear with me.... so i want to lift my truck more. this is full droop... now this is where it gets hard to understand... I want my ride height to be at full droop. which it can be...
  13. S

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

No matter what you do whether you get keys or TT it's still gonna make the truck ride stiff or in my opinion rough. They both do the same thing and net the same amount of "lift" but the TT technically doesn't cost you anything. If you don't want to change ride quality then get a body lift or...
  14. S

Question about wheels

No an st bolt pattern is 5x4.5 or (114.3). Any wheel with less than 5" backspace is also recommended.
  15. S

to flush or not to flush, that is the question...

Haha I don't drive it hard. Somehow I still get 12- 13mpg :(. I think it might be time to change my fuel filter. Haven't changed it since I bought the truck......
  16. S

gears or hunt for a dana

I agree with Hugh aka mr logic xD
  17. S

It came out, no bad smell and no particles when it was drained. Dropped the pan and replaced the filter as well. Drives a lot better
  18. S

gears or hunt for a dana

a dana 30 you can find in a junk yard any day of the week around here a 44 on the other hand, you're gonna have to make some phone calls, know some people, and do some things you wont be proud of to get one. I would already go with a 44 if you were to sas though because you know it would...
  19. S

Supercharging 2002 Sport trac

my neighbor has a supercharged ranger with the 4.0 sohc and pulls about 430whp with an eaton. then again its fully built, tuned, and on nitrous. runs fantastic.
  20. S

getting mine done today. kinda scared now....
  21. S

Tow Mirrors

nope haven't had the time and I'm not sure if spending 200 bucks on something that might not fit right off the bat is worth it. I'm just doing it for looks, not for towing.
  22. S

33s too small?

Do note I still can add about 3" more of lift. So I know I can clear 35s easy.
  23. S

33s too small?

i have spindles and bl and with 33's and it looks alright. im bumping up to 295/70/18s (34.5). here is the most recent pic i have of it.
  24. S

spindle lift

if you order fabtech ones the instructions are included. they are also on their website
Back