Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Market Research: Affordable 07+ Sport Trac, 06+ Explorer & Mountaineer Lowering Kit

i will pick one up if this fall through. email me at fashionrider@gmail.com :) thank you
  2. D

Steering wheel audio control

this really sucks. well i took my car down to a dealership in my town, they said that my car does not have a audio control module and the only way to flash it is by flashing the computer. they said they coudlnt' get their computer to communicate with the car. :(
  3. D

Bump!!!
  4. D

just noticed i have to get my car programmed to know to look for the audio controls? could someone confirm this? i called the ford dealership down here, he is basically only telling me that its 140 per hour ( so 140 to take a look at it, and from there they will look into how to make it work)...
  5. D

' i just tried installing mines with the factory wires like you, for some reason the audio controls will not light up! :( WHY!!! everything seems to be wired up properly. i have a aftermarket deck and a unit to be able to use the stock audio controls
  6. D

black headlights? how to trim?

was looking at that, but it looks to be hard to make a perfect circle like that
  7. D

black headlights? how to trim?

so i saw two guys on here that have blacked out their headlights but trimmed it around the headlight. how do u go about to trimming it perfect like that? heres a pic from allblack i'm assuming they used the headlight tint you can find on ebay? (use a dryer to form fit it around...
  8. D

'06 Mounty 4.6L - Misfire P0302

sorry i'm new to all this, i think i need to replace my spark plugs too. so how exactly do u do this? (i dont even know where they are, im ognna have to go look) so there are 8 in the ford explorer? letm e know guys!
  9. D

Rusted broken off transmission shift lever screw/bolt? SEE PICS!

we actually looked into trying to tap the screw and using a pin to hold it in place, but the drill we used is unable to even scratch the steel. not sure if theres such of a drill + drill bit that can cut through thick still like this?
  10. D

we can't weld it because theres a washer inside the transmission on the steel bolt and because of the thickness of the bolt, in order to weld it would require to heating the bolt really hot, melting the rubber
  11. D

okay at this point, it looks like we have to replace that peice of screw that is inside the transmission. my car only has 24k miles on it and it doesn't make sense to spend 700+ just to replace the snapped off screw. we are currently trying to figure out a way to get the lever on the screw on...
  12. D

no clue, i think so. well i have a v8
  13. D

Hypertech Max Energy ECON

let us know!
  14. D

actually my dad went underneath the car, and he noticed the lever wasn't tight, so he tried tightening the bolt with his hand, and it wouldn't budge, so he tried unscrewing it and it fell off! hows that! for sure it wasn't him that broke it, because the peice is completely rusted through! we...
  15. D

okay so lately when i shift into Drive, the car doesn't immediately go into gear, but i have to play with the shifter a bit to get it to go into drive. we went underneath my car today and we found that what looks to be a broken bolt? a part of the screw is stuck attached to the bolt. see...
  16. D

Gear shift cable adjustment

please someone tell me where the cable is!! i live on a hill and it gets dangerous when i break and leave my car there
  17. D

Gear shift cable adjustment

is it complicated to reach to? i know how to take off my console (i've installed my own deck and all) I dont see where there is a cable
  18. D

stereo won't turn on? (red wire is not getting any ampage) WHERE IS THE FUSE?

figured it out, turns out there was another fuse for the radio (i only knew of 3) :D
  19. D

remove rear hatch? (emblem still attached somewhere)

okay so im planning to install a rear view reversing camera. i unscrewed the screws for emblem hatch (4) but the emblem part is still stuck. i think i remmeber someone mentioning a while back that you push it to the left or something? and it'll come off? could someone confirm this? please...
  20. D

stereo won't turn on? (red wire is not getting any ampage) WHERE IS THE FUSE?

okay so i rmemeber shorting my fuse for the radio. i chagned that fuse. i recently just got a new deck and installed it, everyting seems to work, but the stereo won't turn on with the car. so we checked the ampage on the wires, the red wire is not getting any power. i'm assuming i...
  21. D

reverse gear signal? (installing a deck)

okay so next week i should get my new deck in. i noticed in one of the pictures that there is a "reverse gear signal wire". what i was wondering is where should i tap into? the wire doesn't look that long so is there a wire on the harness that has it?
  22. D

want to install puddle light strip. what to wire to?

i'm looking to install puddle lights to my truck. but where should i tap to make it only turn on when i unlock my car?
  23. D

how to wire alarm scanning light to viper 5901

okay so i just got an alarm light for my viper 5901. i'm trying to figure out how to wire it. there are 3 wires, positive, ignition and negative. where do these go? i'm trying to figure out which viper 5901 color wires do i connect it to
  24. D

replacing my grille.. how to take off the bottom bumper?

i seen this picture somewhere, i can't find the thread. i'm thinking it might give me some clue. could u point me to the thread please? thanks!
  25. D

replacing my grille.. how to take off the bottom bumper?

not enough space that is why i need to remove the lower bumper
Back