Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

New 37" Goodyear Mtrs pics

Just wanted to post some pics of the new Goodyear Mtrs i got a while ago. Its been smooth sailing ever since. I noticed immediatly the ride diference between the mtrs and the old beatup DC fun country radials i had before. Just the more aggrisive look alone did it for me the ride comfort was...
  2. F

Transmission leaking in the morning when cold?

Long story short i got up this morning to go to the store started up my ex and then noticed tranny fluid just pouring out of my transmission where the bell houesing attaches to the engine for at least a 3 to 5min.:eek: what my first reaction followed by a couple of not so nice comments. I have...
  3. F

Need help Fixing OBD2 Codes?

I just got an Actron superscanner and was wondering if there is a website i can go to to find out what i can do to fix the code i am getting ( P0715 Input/turbine speed sensor A Circuit Malfunction. I have looked around the site and others but cant find anything but what the code means. Nothing...
  4. F

Transmission gear indicator?

Dont know if this is the right forum for this so if its not please be gental :) . I recently rented a mazda 3 (and really liked it by the way) and really like the fact that on the instument cluster there was a little lcd display that indicated what gear the car was in. Now my question is...
  5. F

Need some help deciding on what tire to get?

i was hoping someone could help me out on this happy quest in deciding on what kind of tires i should get. the only other tires i have had expirence with where bf mud terrians and they where great. so i am hoping to find something allong those lines. my ex is my daily driver so no bias ply for...
  6. F

Bad vibrations?

Well the problem is I have had a bad vibration/whining noise whenever I get to about 50mph. but as soon as I gun it it goes away but as soon as I let go of the gas pedal it starts to vibrate and whine all over again. It doesn’t seem to vibrate as much when I have it in drive but then my rpms...
  7. F

fitment question of air intake?

i was wondering if an air raid intake kit for an 01-03 shoc ford ranger would fit my 99 shoc ex? search the site and didnt really find anything about air raid kits. but was wondering since mac performace offers a kit for a 99-01 ex shoc and that same kit is also used for the 01-02 ranger then...
  8. F

Got a question about gears?

I am planning in the near future to downsize on my tire size to either a fat 36 or maybe even a fat 35 inch tire. My question is i have 5:13 gears in it right now would i really have to regear for the tire size downgrade? What would happen if i didn't? Also how would it matter much...
  9. F

Need some axle help?

I have a dana 44 from a wagoneer that pissing me off right now. :fire: the problem i an having is when i am driving as soon as i hit a bump of any sort the axle seems to start to vibrate like theres tommorrow. And it gets worse as i try to slow down to the point were is vibrates the my whole...
  10. F

Need help with tranny?

ok heres my story. for a week or so i have noticed that my tranny seems to leak a little fluid from the front part of the bell housing. nothing to worry about really as it seems not to leak enough to make a difference really. i think the problem is the last two mornings when i start my ex...
  11. F

Front axle teardown writeup?

Does anyone know where i can find a writeup on tearing down a dana 44 front axle from a 84 grand wagoneer? I have search the site but cant really find what i am looking for which would be "Tearing down an axle for dummies". :D i hope someone out there can help thanks
  12. F

borgeson or flaming river steering shaft?

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with a borgeson or flaming river steering shaft in their ex? i need to eventually get a new steering shaft and have come up with these two. the price for eithier one is about the same so price really doesn't matter. just looking for some...
  13. F

Need some advice on tranny issue?

Well i just came back from some mudding here in austin,tx and on the drive back home i noticed that my rpms were at 2000 while i was going about 50 mph. i know the rpms are suppose to be around 3000 so i am starting to worry a little. i started to pay attention to the transmission shifting and...
  14. F

I have got a new game and its called "Name that part"?

i was wondering if anyone could help me out in figuring where this part goes. it seems to have fallen off my ex? as far as i know it is a heat shield that clips on to a hose or line of some sort. i notice it when i heard a rattling noise comming from underneath my ex and found it between my...
  15. F

2wd to 4wd question?

i was wondering if anyone can confirm what i about to. Right now i am having my 5r55e 2wd transmission rebuilt. while this is being done i thought what better time then now to swap out the 2wd output shaft and put in a 4wd output shaft so then all i would have to do is get a transfer case...
  16. F

Question for people who live in the Austin,TX area?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in Austin tx area where i can get my ex MUDDY?i only know of two places but looks like they wont be their their for long. Need a new place to play at. :) thanks
  17. F

which transfercase should i get?

I am in the process of maybe purchasing a 1354 transfercase from a fellow member on this bored. What i need to now is which transfercase (either the 1354 or 4405) will best mate up with my transmission. i have a 99 sport 2wd sohc v6 with a 5 speed automatic 5r55e transmission. Will any of these...
  18. F

sas steering box issue need help?

i wanted to use a wagoneer steering box with a hysteer setup but it doesn 't look like theres going to be enough room unless the radiator gets moved back to the original place. question is should i go ahead and move the the radiator up 3 inchs and hope there is enough room. or i was told i...
  19. F

i call it "littlefoot" sas in progress

i call it "littlefoot" sas (update new pics just in 3-6) I wanted to wait till i got some pics up before stating a tread because i know the tread means nothing without pics. this is the begining of my sas and i will list the items i am using in case you are interested in knowing and apriciate...
  20. F

cheap wheels

anybody know were to get those black rockcrawler wheels CHEAP
  21. F

question on rim size

i am getting some 38 15.50 15 and was wondering if i could fit a 15x10 rim on or will i have to get a 15x12 rim. thanks for the advice
  22. F

my new toys

finally got a digital camera so decided to post a some pics me and my children just the kids
  23. F

Need advice on gibson exhaust?

i ordered a gibson exhaust for my 99 explorer sport sohc from 4wheel parts and was told that it wont fit my explorer because i have a dual inlet going to the muffler and the one that got orderd had a single inlet to the muffler. Question is they said that they could order a 4door dual inlet and...
  24. F

Need advice on which intake to get?

I am plannig on getting a gibson exhaust for my 99 sport sohc and wondering which air intake would go best with it. a mac air intake or a K&N intake. any other suggestions would be appriciated. thank you
  25. F

question about sas?

i just have a question about the difference between the sas that josh c did and the one lizardtrac did on his explorer besides the obvious that one is leaf spring and one is coil spring. Also which one would be cheaper and easier to do. Also how much of a ride difference is their. just...
Back