Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

1996 Explorer (5.0 V8 AWD) transfer case question

Is it possible a 97 model was purchased in late 96? Just trying to figure out the discrepancy as it is definitely the 302 (5.0L V8) and AWD ...
  2. R

Definitely not sure as I'm not that familiar with these vehicles, but I'm going off what the software is saying. After selecting 1996 for the year and then Explorer for the model it then goes to a 1996 Aerostar/Ranger/Explorer sub window. Choosing Group 07: Transmission I see 5 choices for the...
  3. R

another Newbie

I don't remember the year, but I know they sold it around 1994ish. I remember the color being kind of bronze brown.
  4. R

Pretty sure his Explorer is AWD, but I'll double check!
  5. R

Trying to help a friend track down some information. He's got a 96 Explorer as per the title and I was under the impression that the transfer case is a BW4404, but I'm having trouble looking it up with the service manual software. After choosing the 1996 Explorer and looking at the specs they...
  6. R

another Newbie

:p: Wandered over from Google. Trying to help a friend who owns a 96 Explorer (the 5.0 V8 I believe). I don't currently own a Ford truck though my parents had an Aerostar years ago. Also fortunate to have access to a F-150 :D
Back