Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Champion 7989 Spark Plug Failed

It seemed like the stock coil on plug was a loose fit on the Autolite plug for me... you might want to check the fit on one before you do all 8
  2. F

06 XLT sluggish, vibrates, stutters

Any codes show up on a OBDII scanner?
  3. F

Champion 7989 Spark Plug Failed

Replaced my plugs with Champion 7989's less than a year ago... Suddenly got a relentless misfire on cyl #4 yesterday... here is the plug I pulled. Any thoughts from the picture as to why this went bad? Should I expect the other 7 to have similar problems, or call this a fluke? To quickly get...
  4. F

Transmission Cooler Hose Fittings?

Looks like it is common to cut the metal lines and use compression fittings like in this video: http://www.etrailer.com/tv-install-derale-transmission-cooler-2003-gmc-yukon-xl-d13504.aspx
  5. F

Transmission Cooler Hose Fittings?

I was looking to install a transmission cooler on my '06 V8, but I've noticed the transmission fluid lines to the radiator are mostly metal tubes, and where the do have short sections of rubber tubing, it is a larger diameter than the fittings provided with my trans cooler kit. Need some help...
  6. F

2006 Explorer Radiator Replacement

did you replace it yourself? how hard was it? time required?
  7. F

Rear Brakes Squeking - Parking shoe or pads?

What lead you to replace the parking brake shoes?
  8. F

Rear Brakes Squeking - Parking shoe or pads?

My left rear brake seems to be squeaking a good deal lately. If I look at the pads through the wheel rim, it looks like there is still "meat" on the pads. Any tips for how I can tell if the squeak is from the pads or maybe from the e-brake shoe? Is there an e-brake shoe on both rear wheels or...
  9. F

Seafoam + Techron Advice

You might consider a fuel additive with REGANE.... similar (or same?) as Techron. I have used Gumout Complete Fuel System Cleaner with REGANE. I think I was turned on to it from reading on BITOG
  10. F

Good place to buy tail lights?

I bought a like new tail light using an online search for used parts... The key was to find the precise part name & number... then you can google that part. I think I paid about $40 including shipping and it was in perfect condition.
  11. F

dng8tr

Blend door sounds like the issue
  12. F

class 2 hitch blows

Might want to verify you have the aux tran cooler in front of your radiator if towing heavier weight. My 4.6 has the smaller (stupid) factory hitch , but it also has a factory aux trans cooler... wtf? Makes no sense.
  13. F

class 2 hitch blows

eTrailer.com has a few piggy-back ones the go right below the factory one.
  14. F

Need Help with Coolant Flush!!

yep, you have to burp the top coolant hose... like giving it cpr
  15. F

2006 XLT Throttle Body Cleaning

If you go with K&N like filter you get the better flow but more particles get into the engine. The others you get less flow but less particles in the engine.#
  16. F

2006 XLT Throttle Body Cleaning

The V8 is not Throttle Body Injection (TBI), so fuel would not make a difference in keeping this clean... more likely good air filters like Wix. (not performance gizmo filters) I'm guessing the V6 isn't TBI either?
  17. F

2007 ford explorer door hinge adjustment???

My front/driver door often makes an awful sound if I close the door when it was resting at the first detente. Would like to know the fix!
  18. F

What the heck happened???

Maybe one-wheel was slipping and the traction control kicked in with braking?
  19. F

Looking to buy an 08 4.6l XLT - School me on problem areas to look for

I have the exhaust manifold issue on the drivers side... bolt head broken off by warping of the manifold... sounds like almost like a noisy lifter until the engine warms up.
  20. F

It's time to trade

Xterra has real roof rails
  21. F

New tires?

I just got a set of BFG Rugged Terrain tires... great looking tire to make the Ex look more serious. Should be a huge improvement in the winter compared to the awful Good Year Integrity tires the truck came with when I bought it used. *** EDIT *** The Rugged Terrains were cool, but way too...
  22. F

New tires?

I was considering Cooper Discoverer H/T at discount tire... haven't pulled the trigger yet.
  23. F

Replaced stereo - Connect Factory Sub and Aux Input

A bit pricey... Wonder if crutchfield would throw in something like this if you buy the radio from them? What is the black box part in addition to the wiring harness?
  24. F

feel like misfiring but not sure

I found mis-fires most noticeable at idle after I would drive about a half mile and hit a stop light with an erratic engine vibration. Sort of like the gas was cut off for a split second. Took a few weeks on mine before it was enough of a misfire to show up in the OBD reader.
  25. F

Champion 7989 sparkplug failure.

The only time my Champions produced a misfire was when I had a hairline crack in the porcelain on one plug. Once I got a significant enough misfire to register an OBDII fault and determine which cylinder was missing... I replaced my cracked plug, since then, they have been great. If that was...
Back