Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. CobraMountaineer

Some new pics of the Mounty

Here are some new pics. I have just redid the wheels, and ditched the chrome covers. New 31x10.5x15 ATs and the ride is different at higher speeds, but crawls the sh_t out of the old 235's Removed the lower lip on the front bumper cover due to hard snow bank...lol Yea, it snowed here. I want to...
  2. CobraMountaineer

My Mountaineer

Ok, so now I am Elite, and want to post my pics for all of you to see. Been talking about it, and well here it is:
  3. CobraMountaineer

Elite Explorer?

I paid my $20. I guess it takes a while to Get the ELITE status? Can any of the moderators answer this question? Michael :mad:
  4. CobraMountaineer

Finally ther Amateur Radio Install nears completion...

:thumbsup:This is almost the completion of my install on my 1998 Merc Mounty. Video suks because it is from my phone. Lemme know what you think. Ideas are welcome too.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kml9nMkBBY Spin :salute:
  5. CobraMountaineer

Check out my lightbar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwbOvxe-Ezc My lightbar on the chaser....:D Spin Let me know if you like it....
  6. CobraMountaineer

4406 Questions

Can someone give me the specs on a 4406 Transfer Case? I would like to know if it is full time or can I change it out to 2wd? Can I go to 4wd Low? Can someone help me out on this? Also what the hell is a brown wire Mod? Spin:salute:
  7. CobraMountaineer

Info on different Tranfer Cases

I have searched the forums for info on the types and differences on TC's and came up with zilch. Can anybody give me a listing on the different 2nd and first gen TC's, and the types like the 4406 and such. Spin
  8. CobraMountaineer

1996 Explorer XLT Saved our lives...

OK, none of the people on the modified side has seen or heard this yet, so feel lucky... On February 7, 2009, I was on our way home from W. NY to ESMD with our children and 5 dogs. We were going through Felton DE South bound and were hit by a drunk driver in a 2004 F150 Crewcab. We were in the...
  9. CobraMountaineer

98 Trans and Transfer case probs..

:salute:Well, I figured out why my 4x4 won't work. I had the access panel off lastnight, and found that the cable was cut, and that it was nicely folded back and taped. Now that I have found the problem, does anyone know where or how I can hook it back up to the dash switch? 1998 AWD Merc...
  10. CobraMountaineer

Help with a Wiring Diagram(s)

Ok, here it goes again. I kinda figured out what happend to my 4wd. I went into the owners manual to find fuses/relays that control the 4wd. I went under the hood, and to my horror, the main fuse/relay block had been changed out! None 98 Mounty stuff was in there. Just a basic block. The fuse...
  11. CobraMountaineer

4wd will not engage...HELP!!!

I just bought a 1998 Merc Mounty with a 302 swap. It is OBD1. I just realized that my 4wd will not engage. Anybody have a clue as to why it might be out? Spin:salute:
  12. CobraMountaineer

MD Eastern Shore wheelers

Just lookin for a few guys to go wheelin' someplace here on the Eastern Shore. Is there any members in ESMD tha want to go and play? I would like to get up with anyone out here to swap ideas and add my install experience to others vehicles. Anyone around? Spin :salute:
  13. CobraMountaineer

Is this a bad MOD

I just bought a 1998 Mountaineer, and it has a V8 302. I though it was stock, until I started it up. 2 owners before me, put a 1994 Mustang GT Cobra engine in it. Now, I understand the OBD situation, but he got it in there, and it works. I have a few questions. I am getting an AIRB and an AIRD...
Back