Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

91 xlt Stock amp location...

Thats what I figured, thanks!
  2. M

Torque converter clicking/knocking

Does it still make the clicking when you are coasting in nuetral...does it do it in every gear? I am having a similar problem with mine...
  3. M

91 xlt Stock amp location...

I have heard that the xlts with the premium sound package came with an amp built in...does anybody know where this may be located in the car? Thanks!
  4. M

wondering if this is a good thing to do

yeah I also forgot to mention that part as well.
  5. M

89 ranger increase

Fairly cheap/ easy ways...Exhaust, CAI (cold air intake), Headers...just some basics to get started.
  6. M

wondering if this is a good thing to do

I have been debating the same thing myself...It will free up some hp(mostly throttle response) and it will sound different...I am not sure if it will be a whole lot louder, Ive never done it...thats just my input. Id love to hear what everybody else is thinking also!
  7. M

How to: Ford 4R55E Transmission removal & installation instructions.

yeah i agree with the burning instruction manuals...they cause more work than do good.
  8. M

want to start modding

haha I just graduated and was in the same boat, so far I have done the throttle cable mod, Cold air intake, exhaust, and lighting around my EX...this is my thread for the gauge lighting, i am very happy with it...i have some other threads on the intake, etc...
  9. M

Rotational noise on manual 5 spd.

yeah I think it has to do with the transfer case out of anything.
  10. M

Instrument Panel DONE w Pics!

awesome, post some pictures!
  11. M

Yeah, i dont blame you one bit. I was hesitating on not doing it when I got into it, just because of that fact.
  12. M

hello board

cant wait to see them pics, welcome to the site!
  13. M

Could I cut my muffler off?

when pulled mine off just to hear it, it sounded way good and loud...but it was gutless, i would buy a cat back system if anything, it probably wont pass emissions when you go to license it(w/ out muffler).
  14. M

Rotational noise on manual 5 spd.

*UPDATE* the noise seems to be not as loud now that it is warmer outside...
  15. M

Ford Ranger headlight problem.

have you had aftermarket headlights in? if they were to high wattage your harness will be melted...seen it happen several times.
  16. M

take a flat head, or knife blade and just work at em...i thought i was for sure going to break mine, but they just popped off (the black part is a weighted cap...fyi)
  17. M

Homemade Custom Intake Box

*Update* For those of you wondering about my mileage...I just filled up yesterday and I went from 15 mpg mixed driving (highway/city) to 17 mpg mixed! I was pretty happy with the noticeable results:D I also put a dryer vent hose around my intake hose to help insulate it.
  18. M

Finally modifying my '94 Explorer

The v6 is a good motor, but if you are getting pretty serious with it...which it sounds, i think a nice small block would be nice in there. You will need to gear it for sure though when you put the bigger tires on, I would gear it before you put a new motor in, but thats just me.
  19. M

haha, that's what I thought going into it...just take your time, I learned that...have fun w/it!
  20. M

Finally modifying my '94 Explorer

If I were in the position to do this I would put a straight axle under it. My buddies got a 92' and it lifted it huge when he put the new front end under it, he needs a new motor though...for now I have to stick with stock, have fun with it!
  21. M

glasspacking 94 Explorer

I have a Dynomax glasspack on my 4.0l V6 and I don't think it sounds bad. Its much quieter than a lot of the others you will hear running around, but you can tell its not stock. Nice and deep:) plus I have an intake system so when you step on it, it sounds damn good I think.
  22. M

I used just my pocket knife blade, I tried some thinner, but you have to be very careful with that...it will smudge everything...even a coin should work.
  23. M

Ford Explorer Throttle Cable Mod

nice, cheap mod. I noticed a difference as soon as I first drove it.:D
  24. M

Power Programmer for $25???

Okay, that is what I was thinking, thanks!
  25. M

Power Programmer for $25???

I was looking on ebay for some new plugs when I stumbled across this...DEAL...? I dont know much about it, but for some reason this sounds kinda fishy. What do you guys think? this is the...
Back