Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2000 ford explorer xlt motor help

sounds like a possible computer issue. You don't say if the engine years are the same?? just a stab in the dark at this point..
  2. R

Help finding coolant leak?

did you put the pressure tester on it yet? If not that needs to be your next step to finding the leak. Dave
  3. R

Random squeaking belt, no apparent cause?

I would remove the belt and check the tensioner or one of the driven items as the source of the noise
  4. R

Brake slide pin lube

NAPA stores carry aproduct called silglide that I've used for this for years
  5. R

2001 Ford Explorer radiator hose help!

since you are replacing them, use a utility knife to cut the old ones parallel to the outlets. saves trying to wrestle them off!
  6. R

Running board Bolt sizes??? w/pics

yes, the bolt sizes are the same, home depot does have some of these clip nuts inthe specialty fasteners drawers but I don't know about them being metric so buy your bolts for the clip nuts accordingly.
  7. R

upper casssette bolt

Well sorry, thought I had it but I looked and could not find...Dave
  8. R

upper casssette bolt

I think I havethe one from my donor engine, I will check. Dave
  9. R

Smart Key Programming on replacement Ignition switch

Why not have a locksmith re-key a new lock cylindar to the old key?
  10. R

2000 XLT power steering lines??? for an amature

I use a flare nut crow's foot, about the only way to get anything on it.
  11. R

1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC swap to 4.0 OHV

I don't know but suspect the message center was part of a trim package that included the SOHC. You're right that buying the OHV PCM and engine wiring harness with the engine would simplify the wiring. The main engine harness to chassis connector (C115) appear to be the same. I wonder about PATS...
  12. R

1999 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC swap to 4.0 OHV

been there tried that. found that the computer for the ohv will not work with the body wiring of the sohc. The only way I could find to make it work would have involved using the body wiring harness from the ohv in the sohc and then lots of things would not work. Gave up and fixed the sohc engine
  13. R

Plenum - URGENT

hard to keep the manifold sealed if all the bolts won't keep it down where it belongs. Eventually, it will start leaking again and back to where u are now. Dave
  14. R

Plenum - URGENT

My guess is the computer is in limp mode due to the vacuum leak and limiting trans functioning. Dave
  15. R

Plenum - URGENT

If you need I have a upper and lower from a 98 PM if u need
  16. R

Question on a 98 for sale

It may or may not have caused damage depending on which tensioner gave way andhow theengine was being runatthat particular time. Also, the 4.0 ohv will not swap into the shoc, body wiring to the computer is different. Dave
  17. R

SOHC broken timing chain questions, OHV swap reasonable?

just a side note on my attempt at a 4.0 sohc to 4.0 ohv swap in a 98. I had everything together and was ready for a start andran into PATS issues right off the bat...O.K so I go the library and look for the mitchells wiring diagrams for both the X's and find that the wiring from the ECU is...
  18. R

98 explorer trans problem

Just a side note, I checked the PIDS on the DTRS and where It shows Ishould have 0.00 volts I am showing 0.01 volts. Is this enough to be causing the problem??Dave
  19. R

Well, today I checked the wiring harness continuity between the ECU and the trans and all the wires showed continuity. Still getting a p0760 code from the computer. Only other thing(s) left to check is the internal harness and then the computer itself. Still hoping someone will have some ideas...
  20. R

hello all, got a 98 exp 4.0 5r55e trans. When I got it, it had no forward in D or in man 1 however did go in reverse and man 2. pulled trans and replaced a couple ofhard parts and put in a rebuild kit including frictions and steels and bands. also put in a new valve body as well. Still...
  21. R

5r55e tools, which ones?

I didn't get any codes however the KOEO check will not complete and when I run the KOER I get a P1000 but it says that the OBD II check is incomplete. I havn't seen that before. Also while looking at the trans PIDS it says that there is a fault in shift sol 1 2 and 3 however the trans shifts...
  22. R

5r55e tools, which ones?

Well, I've finally gotten the trans out of the van. Was full of metal as I was suspecting by the looks of the fluid on the dip stick. Tore into it with the ATSG manuel and got all the parts out on the bench. Needed several hard parts replaced in addition to the clutch packs. The clutches were...
  23. R

5r55e tools, which ones?

Ok, I'll start there. Thanks, Dave
  24. R

5r55e tools, which ones?

trans codes well, I finally was able to get the van home and do a scan on the computer and here's the list P 1783 trans overtemp condition p 0733 gear3 incorrect ratio p 0734 gear4 incorrect ratio p 1762 overdrive band failed off p 1744 tcc system perform p1780 trans control switch out of...
Back