Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Pirelli Scorpion A/T

I had some 32s on my Dakota 2WD. Put about 35-40K in highway miles, plus some offroad in dirt and sand. When I sold the truck, had maybe a little less than half the tread left. And they performed real well offroad for me.
  2. W

American Racing Teflon Rims

I was wondering the same thing too. I've seen ads for them in some mag, and they were listed for like $99 a piece for 16X8's, but not on 4WP or on American Racings website. Anyone know anything about these rims?
  3. W

Why you should wear your seatbelt

I've read all the replies, and I feel like I need to put my 2 cents in... First off, seatbelt or not, DRIVING IS DANGEROUS!! Whether or not you have a seatbelt on does not determine whether you get in a wreck. Everyone is focused on the guy in the video getting thrown around in the car. But...
  4. W

Sport Trac Vent Visors?

The things that go over the windows, so you can crack your window when it's raining and such...
  5. W

Sport Trac Vent Visors?

Will the Ventvisors from a 2001-02 fit a 04. It doesn't look like anything changed, but I just wanna make sure.
  6. W

Brakes Pads Easy or Not?

Worn brakes will set off the brake light because of the low amount of brake fluid. How many miles are on your pads? And like jrgaylor said, it takes longer to get the wheel off than to change the pads... :)
  7. W

x wont idle

Even though you cleaned it, it may be time for a new IAC. Does it run rough when you keep your foot on the gas?
  8. W

Hi-lift on factory step bars?

Yeah. They're only mounted to the body, and felt pretty spongy when I was jumping on 'em (probably not a good idea, being 230 and all... :)) If you do, do it slowly.
  9. W

Long travel IFS

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought IFS was better for sand running/Baja style driving... I know alot of the Toyota guys get the Porsche CVs because they are stronger and give more articulation.
  10. W

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

How much lift does the Perry's Fenders replace, if any? Like, will the 6" fenders replace the need for a 3" BL?
  11. W

Non-shiny rims?

Are there any rims out there that aren't chrome or polished? Well, besides Rockcrawlers. At one time, I saw a set of AR Nitro rims that were powdercoated, and I really liked em. But now I see that AR discontinued almost all of their powder rims. Is there a company out there that makes them?
  12. W

Weird Brake problems

Did you suck it out through the master cylinder? Like take a hose and insert into the cylinder? Or did you bleed your system? If you diddn't bleed em, you may want to.
  13. W

RCD RANGER 4" coilover kit for "4x4" !!

Looking at that Rocky Mountain write up, I don't see this being the coilover kit. It doesn't mention anything about coilovers, and it also says "...come with four Bilstein 5100 Series Performance Mono-Tube shocks..." Am I reading this wrong?
  14. W

Before and after: Crashed and fixed

My buddy t-boned his Ranger into a lightpole and bent the frame. The shop he took it to, a respectable shop, cut the frame behind the cab and welded a new section on to it. I'm pretty sure it's common practice, just not too many people care.
  15. W

?s about sand driving

I once had a 98 Dakota 1WD with 32" Pirelli Scorpions. I made it maybe 100 foot until the scenery stopped moving. Took my friends Chevy 1500 with 33s, a Toyota with 35s, and then a Ford with 44s to get me out of that. Sand is very tough to get through. Even tougher if you get stuck. If you...
  16. W

8 lug explorer??

Every Dakota has had 6 lug, I believe. If not the first gens, then when they did the major body change. My 98 had 6, my friends 00 had 6, and I believe his 94 also had 6. Rams came stock with 5, or 8 with the HD stuff. Kinda like the early 90s Mustang came with 4, and my moms 89 Taurus has...
  17. W

Last weekend's OOPS!

Heh, without the pics, I was thinking "how tough could a jungle gym be?" Ouch. My friend had one go on his Chevy, but it diddn't grenade like that.
  18. W

Sport Trac vs. Sport

Yeah, I like the way your truck looks with the fenders. I'll probably end up getting those. I like the way the front ends look on the 2001+, so I was just wondering if it would be a simple swap. Thanks for the reply. One more thing. The rear fiberglass from Perrys. Does that just mount...
  19. W

Sport Trac vs. Sport

I saw a picture of the Hannemann Sport Trac with the fiberglass fenders, and I was wondering if the mounting points for the fenders changed with the body change. I've got a 2000, and was wondering if it was possible, with as little body work as possible, to convert a 2000 X to a 2001 Sport Trac...
  20. W

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

What about a 31/12.50X15? Anyone know what you would need to fit them?
  21. W

4x4 Wheel Question

Sorry for beating this horse, but I've searched and never found an exact answer. On a 00 X Sport 4x4, I was looking at getting the 16x8 Cobra rims with the +15 offset. I was wondering if anyone is running these on a 4x4 and if theres any rubbing problems. I'm just worried about rubbing on...
  22. W

GWNF Fall Wheeling Trip

Now that we got a date down for this thing, what would the schedule be like? Like meet up on Sat, wheel a bit, camp Sat. night and wheel some more Sun. or what?
  23. W

GWNF Fall Wheeling Trip

Im new to the board, but I'd be interested in any date, just need a few days notice. Also, I was looking through the posts, and I wasn't quite sure, so I'll ask. I have a completely stock X, would it be able to keep up with everyone that went? Ray W.
  24. W

GWNF Fall Wheeling Trip

So, would there be people camping out there or what?
Back