Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Colorado other than Ouray

Thanks for all your help! Being from Arkansas, I figure Salida would be a great place to visit. Arkansas River Headwater and all :-) I typically vacation the last week of July. Would love to set something up for a group?? Thanks again for any advice.
  2. S

Thanks for the response, I've seen Traildamage.com and it's a great resource, but it's a bit like drinking water from a fire hose the way it's set up.
  3. S

I've pretty much done everything at Ouray but I love the mountains. Can anyone point me to somewhere else similar? I'm not looking for technical trails, maybe as technical as Imogene pass. Thoughts??
  4. S

EF's First Lottery

5. S

Blue Ridge Parkway

Thanks for the heads up. If it's stacked like that we will find something else to do.
  6. S

Blue Ridge Parkway

You are correct, we've done the dragon 3 times as well as cherohala. A little too crowded for our taste. We will most likely be going in late September or early October.
  7. S

Blue Ridge Parkway

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not since it really isn't a 4x4 trip. BUT, with that said. Anyone have suggestions for a nice tour of the Blue Ridge Parkway? We would be hitting it in Cherokee, NC. Will be diving a Miata in September. Would like a 6 hour or so drive out...
  8. S

Ouray Labor Day CCR 2012

Sheesh, everyone is a comedian LOL. I googled it immediately, what do you do there is what I'm interested in. Any photos online? I'm assuming there are trails there for 4x4 trucks and the sort LOL.
  9. S

Ouray Labor Day CCR 2012

What is this Buena Vista you speak of? Please share info...
  10. S

Ouray Labor Day CCR 2012

Actually, that is kind of where we are regarding Ouray. We've been there for 3 years now and frankly have gotten a bit bored. Next year we're thinking of taking our Miata, rent a Jeep in Ouray for a day to do Imogene, then head from there up to Wyoming and check out the Grand Tetons, don't...
  11. S

Ouray Labor Day CCR 2012

:salute: Absolutely, I'm from Little Rock Arkansas, it's about 11 hours to Tucumcari, then from there another 8 or 9 to Ouray, worth every minute and mile. Audio Books help immensely LOL.
  12. S

Greetings From.....

Awesome! It sounds like sans the slow going, you had a good time! Beautiful country up there.
  13. S

Greetings From.....

So, how did it go today?
  14. S

Greetings From.....

We've done pretty much all the main trails here so this year we're doing some of the peripheral trails. This is from Owl Creek Pass. To find it you go North from Ouray passed (sic?) Ridgway. After about a mile or so you'll see the brown sign for Owl Creek Pass on the right. It's pretty...
  15. S

Greetings From.....

Sorry, no pics while on the trail, just at the pass. I can only offer the default advice, stay within your limits, both driver and vehicle. I know, cop out, but I don't want to risk getting anyone hurt. Oh, but I will add this, there was a lady at the top of the pass, I had seen her ahead of...
  16. S

Greetings From.....

Silverton was high, but it wasn't as high as Telluride. I'm thinking somewhere around $3.60 or so. I paid $3.09 when I left Little Rock. I had never done Stony before so I don't know if this was typical, but there were two places that were pretty tight with large "rockage" on the right and...
  17. S

Greetings From.....

We just went to the pass, it's in pretty good shape, there are a couple of pucker spots though. Was a good run. The people at the gas station in Silverton didn't seem to think there were any problems going all the way. Oh, side note, 87 Octane in Telluride is $4.30/gal.
  18. S

Greetings From.....

Will do, we are planning on turning back at the top of the pass. But I'll let you know how it is up to there.
  19. S

Ouray Labor Day CCR 2012

Taking one for the team, so to speak LOL.
  20. S

Arkansas

Y'all be sure to let me know, I'll be there too.
  21. S

Greetings From.....

It was pretty stormy here today so we opted to shopping for supplies at Wal-Mart and spending the rest of the day in Ouray. Good beer, music and pool at the Silver Eagle Saloon :salute: Hitting Ophir (starting from Trelluride) first thing in the Morning, then probably over to hit Stony Pass...
  22. S

Ouray Labor Day CCR 2012

I'm there right now, the temp is great, all the trails seem to be open (I've heard that Poughkeepsie is in bad shape but that's hearsay). I'll be posting pics and vids soon.
  23. S

Greetings From.....

TUCUMCARI! Can anyone guess where I'll be tomorrow? Here's a hint, it's a small town in Colorado that doesn't get over 79 degrees in July and has tons of Mountain Trails nearby....
  24. S

Left Front Wheel Bearing Gone...

Thanks for the response, but there is no way I'm going to tackle that LOL. I'm old with a bad back, there are things I'd just as well pay someone else to do. The guy that's doing the work has done all my drive train and engine work, I trust him to be honest with me and to make sure it's safe...
  25. S

Left Front Wheel Bearing Gone...

It started sounding like a wheel bearing was having problems, usual symptoms. I figured it was either that or a warped rotor. Since all the rotors were replaced last July the odds of it being that were pretty slim. Took it to my mechanic today and the left front wheel bearing is shot. No...
Back