Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Colorado other than Ouray

I've pretty much done everything at Ouray but I love the mountains. Can anyone point me to somewhere else similar? I'm not looking for technical trails, maybe as technical as Imogene pass. Thoughts??
  2. S

Blue Ridge Parkway

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not since it really isn't a 4x4 trip. BUT, with that said. Anyone have suggestions for a nice tour of the Blue Ridge Parkway? We would be hitting it in Cherokee, NC. Will be diving a Miata in September. Would like a 6 hour or so drive out...
  3. S

Greetings From.....

TUCUMCARI! Can anyone guess where I'll be tomorrow? Here's a hint, it's a small town in Colorado that doesn't get over 79 degrees in July and has tons of Mountain Trails nearby....
  4. S

Left Front Wheel Bearing Gone...

It started sounding like a wheel bearing was having problems, usual symptoms. I figured it was either that or a warped rotor. Since all the rotors were replaced last July the odds of it being that were pretty slim. Took it to my mechanic today and the left front wheel bearing is shot. No...
  5. S

I added a couple of Aux Lights...

Well, maybe more than a couple: 5 x KC Rally 800 Driving Lights on top 1 x PolyPerformance Universal Light Bar powder coated gloss black. Roll Bar, lights and light bar installed by 4x4 MudConnection in Little Rock, AR. I'll get some night pics soon.
  6. S

CB Install in an 02 Ranger

The biggest question is where, I have a full size Cobra 29 LTD, it's not a small radio so I wasn't sure where to install it. I decided for a more upright solution. I still have access to the mini console and it's well braced.
  7. S

Personalized Tags

It's not a PreRunner and really doesn't qualify as a RangeRunner, so I dubbed it the "Trail Runner":
  8. S

"Real" Fog Lights...

As aux lighting goes, the KC Rally 800s aren't really practical for daily driving (I have bigger plans for off road lighting). I figured since I spend 90% more time on the road in the dark than I do the trails or the desert, I should have some fog lights that are a little more main stream...
  9. S

New Radio Head Unit...

I hope this is the right place since it's a Ranger... Pioneer Super Tuner III DEH-P4100UB. Ordered it from Crutchfield, man I gotta admit, if you're just replacing the factory unit with one that plays MP3/WMA/AAC (I buy all my music from Wal-Mart.com, it's ALL legal), Crutchfield is the way to...
  10. S

Lighting ideas I have...

Here's what I'm thinking, some KC 6x2 fogs hanging from the bumper, a light bar on the roof of the truck with 4 KC 6x9 driving and of course keeping the Rally 800 directionals in the front. What I'm looking at: Fogs Light Bar on Roof I'm still trying to figure out why it cost...
  11. S

I added some A-Pillar Handles

I had to order the handles, the brackets and the A-Pillar trim, I have a buddy with a body shop so I pretty much got it all at cost, $150.00. It was an impromptu installation in the parking lot at work so sorry, I don't have any pics. You use 4 rivets to attach the bracket to the pre stamped...
  12. S

My latest mod

I hope this is the right place. Here's my latest mod... Thanks Turdle! Unfortunately, the bottom doesn't show.
  13. S

Carnage at the ORV Park... (56k Beware)

Got bit at the park today. I was going down a trail that I've been down before. I knew it was a bit radical so I asked a buddy to snap pics of me coming through. Arco777 was there as was my wife. My wife was running the video camera, I'll post the video up once it get it rendered. Oh the...
  14. S

SuperLift Park Hot Springs Arkansas 1-3-10

If anyone is interested, we'll be arriving there around 0900 on Sunday 1-3-2010. PM for details.
  15. S

Lights...Action...

Well, and more lights LOL:
  16. S

Nuvi 5000

I've read through much of the GPS threads and most seem a bit dated. Is the Nuvi 5000 a good GPS? I'm not so much interested in something that will get me off a trail or out of the desert (don't plan on being in that position alone). I'm more of a drive around in circles in town trying to...
  17. S

Scotty's Rangerunner Build...

My wife's father died in October of 08'. He had a 2002 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4. She bought out her brothers shares of the truck and gave it to me and told me to have my way with it. I've done a few "car" projects but never a truck. My Miata: I have since changed to Tein Flex Coil...
  18. S

Replacing or Painting Fender Trim 02' Ranger

This weekend I've decided to paint the fender trim on my 02' Ranger. It tends to look almost like a flat grey so I'm going to paint mine gloss black. I picked up some Krylon Fusion Gloss Black today. Word has it, that's the stuff to use for plastic trim since it has a flex additive. The...
  19. S

My Weekend

One of my "other" motor sport projects. These were taken this weekend at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. This is my '94 Mazda Miata M. Had a blast, track days are awesome!
  20. S

Baby Steps LOL

Ok, so it's going to take me 2 life times to save up for what I WANT to do, so I figure in the mean time I'll do a couple of things to spruce it up and hit the mud. First off will be a 3" body lift so that I can run some BFG TA's. Local guy can do that for me at a reasonable price...
  21. S

4.0 SOHC Rev Limiter

For you 4.0 SOHC experts! I got the headers and exhaust installed on my Ranger (02 Ranger, stock ECU) and now that I can hear it I've noticed that it seems to have a rev limiter at around 3k rpm. Am I imagining things, am I crazy, or is this true? If it is, what may be some other things...
  22. S

Scotty's Insane 02' Ranger Baja Project

I've never been big on the Monster Truck projects, not that there is anything wrong with it, just not my thing. I'm planning on something with a low CG, decent horsepower and smooth on the trails but will hit a few puddles as well. I pulled the trigger this week with a pair of JBA Cat4ward...
  23. S

SJ's '02 Ranger Registry

This is what I'm starting with: After 3" Body Lift With 285/75 R16 (33"x12.5") tires and Cragar 16"x8" Soft 8 Wheels After Tint After painting the rear trim: 4x4 with 4.0 SOHC 6 Banger JBA Cat4ward Headers K&N Generation II FIPK Filtercharger Injection Performance Kit 3" Body...
  24. S

Greetings

FNG of the day LOL. I'm 47 and Live in Little Rock AR. I've always enjoyed performance vehicles but have just lately (in the last 5 years) really gotten to where I can enjoy them (read, my kids are grown). I just sold an '05 Evo that ran about 400awhp, I still have a '94 Montego Blue Miata...
Back