Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

I want to part of a this badly

Please don't take this as a joke guys in fact yes i do want my name red, i want to become part of this website, i only work on my truck, cleaning it, and stuff..I want to be able to post pictures. I could pay some one back when i get my anuity in. I would personally mail them a check. if you...
  2. C

I want to part of a this badly

I am a poor man, i despretly want to be part of this website i just don't have the funds and i want to post pics of my truck and let you all look at it and i want full access to all the spots on this website,,,,,please oh please if some one could pay the one year membership for me i would be...
  3. C

Catalytic Converter Value??

appriciate the knowledgable input guys.
  4. C

What is in them that makes them so valuble?
  5. C

I installed a 40 series flowmaster. I removed the everthing from the y back and i must say it sounds great. I wanted to take the catalytic converter to a local salvage yard here in London, Ky and was wondering what it would bring. ___________________________________________________ 1991 ford...
  6. C

Changing Spark Plugs on 91-94 Explorer

Cool Awsome write up, This actually helped me. I have been wanting to to a complete tune up on my ex. but i was wanted some one to post about the spark plugs. but yeah thanks and good job once again. Christopher Adams _______________________________________________ 1991 Explorer 5 speed...
  7. C

4x4 shiftin issue

I own a 1991 4x4 4dr. xlt. It has a 4.0 and a 5 speed manual trans. I went 4 wheelin the other day and got stuck in a mud whole. so i am sittin there at a dead stop with the vehicle running and i reach up and hit the push button 4x4 and the light comes on, however my back tires are the only...
  8. C

Help identifying source of the problem regarding starting?

Pull the starter off and wire brush the rim of the starter off that faces the transmission this will ground out the connection between the starter and the transmission. also clean the terminals good. make sure the cca of the battery is atleast 575 , but after you wire brush the rim of the...
  9. C

Door Lock Problem

lever may be bent, have they been pushed down during the cold cold weather or anything. happen to me once on an s-10 ________________________________________________ 1991 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0 5sp.
  10. C

1991 Ford XLT Brake Problems

first off my brake pedal would have a lot of pressure when I would go to stop and I would actually not be able to stop my vehicle. So i decided to change my booster. My brake master cylinder is fine. I bleed the back right, front left, and front right, because the back left i am not able to get...
  11. C

Diagnosing manual transmission problem

re bleed the system...
  12. C

emergency help needed!!!!

righto dude yes sir this statement would be correct!!!!:salute:
  13. C

Battery light is on

I had this same problem and i actually did a few weird things that some grease monkeys suggested and it fixed it.. first i removed the started and wire brushed around the rim and flat part were it mounts to the tranny and put a few extra grounds on it too. i had checked all the fuses and none...
  14. C

Problem and solution with bleed clutch.

In my Own Experience I just replaced a Slave Cylinder in my 1991 xlt... what i did was exactly this.... filled the resevoir with fluid pumped for about five minutes held the clutch pedal half way down person on bottom loosend bleeder valve i then slowly pressed the clutch pedal all the...
  15. C

No Clutch Pedal Pressure HELP

checked the picks of your 94 ex. nifty. I want everything back to factory style and then i want to alot of attention to detail on the looks as far as paint cleanlyness and what not. I will put pics on hear. asap. when i put this slave in, what is a good way to bleed the clutch, I replaced the...
  16. C

so the slave is the probably out then. I found one at autozone for like 64 bucks, like i said i am a family man i do do off roading except through a hay feild or some snow so this aftermarket slave should be okay for my driviing style right ??
  17. C

I have a 1991 xlt 4 door 5 speed with a 4.0 mfi. I replaced the clutch last febuary. I am easy on my vehicle I do not do any off roading. I was at a traffic light this evening and I had a noise anyway when i engaged the clutch. been haveing this noise for about 3 days. I have been having to add...
  18. C

why do I have to beat a new drum on new brake shoes?? Because they're new??

Probably whats happened here is this: some one has adjusted the e-brake and now the you have new shoes on the back the ebrake needs to be backed off. and the adjuster closed all the way and then put the drums on. NEVER BEAT THE DRUMS ON!!!!. unloosin the bleader on the wheel cylenders and loosin...
  19. C

Battery drain with ignition off

:p::salute::Dare you having starting problems too. I rebuilt my starter when i was having this problem and after i had it rebuilt, i wire brushed the rim of the starter off mounted it back and changed the terminals and cleaned alll the ground wires extra good and this completley fixed my...
  20. C

Auto 4x4 hubs to Manual 4x4 hubs

it does seem abit costly though, for me anyway. but i may consider it. some folks love the autmatic hubs. I do to but, i hear manual hubs are more reliable.
  21. C

just wonderin???

:roll: Will a 1991 4x4 with a 5 speed trany and a 4.0 and auto hubs work in four wheel drive with only one hub on?? Wouldn't that be a 4x3 lol
  22. C

Auto 4x4 hubs to Manual 4x4 hubs

its the conversion hard to do ?? and does anyone have a TUT on how to do it??:salute:
  23. C

Brake Trouble

might check the rotors, Orielly auto parts will turn those suckers for a little of nothin
  24. C

Park Brake & Rear Anti Lock Brake lights on...

if the parking break is not working then check the rear shoes and see if they need replaced in the mean time either adjust the parking brake or buy a new linkage.
Back