Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

McNeil's Whoops!!!

From the photos the drivers side a-pillar looks almost completely intact, and the windshield opening looks intact also. The rearseat area roof is almost intact so passengers would have been safe to. I would say the gage did it's job well! The cargo area probably doesn't have a full length run to...
  2. P

Very Strange Electrical Problem

Mine did that about 6 months ago. Turned out to be a bad cell in the battery combined with a bad starter solenoid. (Or so they told me, I think the battery was OK but they "Recycled" it before I could get it back and test it) It would take 3 or 4 tries of the key to get the truck started, or...
  3. P

Exploded sunroof

I have a 94 XLT with a power sunroof. If it is an aftermarket unit it the best done install I have ever seen! I have seen many 94 or earlier X's in SoCal with the power sunroof.
  4. P

xm radio *Help*Ferrite core???

The ferrite core eliminates line noise. They are a good idea for audio applications in automobiles.
  5. P

Strange noise from the drivers side front

I have about 500-600 miles on the brakes. I was looking at my old pads and found some metal clips on the inside pads. My new pads did not include these. Could this noise be from the pads? Do I need the clips? If so can I buy them at Ford or can I reuse the old ones?
  6. P

Yes it does stop when I apply the brakes.
  7. P

:( Anybody have an idea what may be the problem? Bad autohub? Bad bearing? I forgot to take my meds? :eek: I would hate to have to go to the dealer and spend 200 bucks for them to tear it down and not find a problem. Thanks!
  8. P

Hi all! I just did my brakes myself a few weeks ago. I did not get the rotors turned nor did I remove the rotors from the truck. The last couple of days I have heard a noise that sounds like a binding U joint or bad CV joint from the front drivers side. This only happens at low speed (5-15...
  9. P

Awwww, Poor Jeep

After being a member here for a while and enjoying the lack of insults and flames, I am actually shocked to see comments of the like by CAC91. No matter what your opinion may be I don't think this is the place for that type of attitude from a fellow member. This site has always been helpfull to...
  10. P

Theater Lighting is now here!

In my theatrical lighting class in college (yes I mean real theater lighting). The formula was Watts = Volts x Amps. Using that formula all you need is the Wattage of the lamp (bulb) because the voltage is a known varible. So a 100 watt bulb at 12 volts draws 8.3 amps. The instruments I use a my...
  11. P

HELP! My new calipers are leaking at the Banjo!!!

Well I drove it a bit and then gave the bolts one more shot with the wrench. They turned about a quater of a turn each and I let it sit and have not seen any more fluid. So I quess they are O.K. now. My old calipers had 2 copper washers in the position I put the new ones in and the new calipers...
  12. P

HELP! My new calipers are leaking at the Banjo!!!

Hi all! I just finished replacing the calipers and pads on my 94 4X4. The problem is that both calipers are leaking at the banjo fitting. I put both new brass washers on and tightened them as tight as I dared. I'm afraid to go any farther because I might break the bolts off (I think). How...
  13. P

Lexus GX 470 named Four Wheeler of the year

It was a very competent 4X4. It has lowrange and a locking center diff. The only complaint I had is the ground clearance could be better. It did very well on a trail where my X almost got high centered. Also you must remember it is buit on the Pathfinder chassis. Very rugged and very confortable.
  14. P

Lexus GX 470 named Four Wheeler of the year

Last spring I spent a day off roading in an Infiniti QX4. As a stock vehicle it could do everything my stock 94 4X4 could do. If I had to buy a new luxury SUV for offroad I would have a QX4. So don't get down on the the Japanese luxury crowd, some of them a very competent off road vehicles.
  15. P

I saw a mythical Explorer today!

The problem is I see it maybe once a month, and I don't own a digital camera. It is true! I saw it! I would flag it down but the lady driving it got nervous and speed away when she noticed me looking at it!
  16. P

I saw a mythical Explorer today!

I have heard they exist but I never believed it till today. This morning driving to work I saw a familiar Explorer on th I5 south in Irvine Ca. This particular X is a 95 limited light blue that I see in traffic from time to time, but never close, always a few lanes over and 5-10 cars in front or...
  17. P

Rear Drum Bleeders

Can I bleed the rear brakes on my 94 without removing the wheels? I looked around and do not see a bleeder screw visable. Thanks
  18. P

Savage Yard R&D (Before you buy an aftermarket Mass air,,)

I think he is saying he's using the housing and not the sensor from the Sable. So the voltages would be OK because the stock Explorer MAF sensor is being used.
  19. P

Electrical problem when starting

Anybody else? Hi all, Any other ideas? The dash lights are the strange part for me. If they came on nice and brite I would say starter or solenoid. But with the dimming it may be the battery, but why do they come back to normal after a few seconds?:(
  20. P

Electrical problem when starting

My x has become difficult to start in the mornings. When I turn the key the engine does not turn over and I get a loud fast clicking noise from around the area of the relay box. If I turn off the key and turn it back on the dash lights are very dim for a few seconds. If I try to start after the...
  21. P

Grease found in Manual Tranny!?!

I don't know for sure but I would think the silver stuff is metal particles that are attracted to a magnet in the drain plug. As for the black stuff that maybe ATF sludge. How often is the lube in a manual tranny supposed to last? If it is well past its prime the ATF maybe breaking down and...
  22. P

Computer Calibration

I have to differ with you about the rercalibration. Ford has for later model explorers changed the profiles a few times. The update is uploaded by a programmer at the dealer with the computer still in the truck. Just the same way newer trucks are reprogrammed by the performance programmer...
  23. P

A.B.S. sucks...

Has anybody here driven a car with a modern ABS system? I drove a BMW X5 in the rain on a freeway and had to do a panic stop. I thought the seatbelt was going to break! I swear that thing stopped better on a wet road than any car I've ever driven on a dry road. I will admit that the system in...
  24. P

Anyone up for a Challenge?

Jason, I think you missed the point of this. The system creates hydrogen to burned in the engine. The space shuttle works the same way...but the hydrogen is preproduced and loaded in the disposable tank. Look at the power the shuttle produces, and best of all the exhaust is all water vapor.
Back