Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

'01 Explorer ST, Coil Sprung 4-link d44 front, d44 SOA Rear

I have to advise on the ujoints don't stack them liken that. It's very dangerous. Take the pinion nut off and just change it out it will be safer and takes about as much time. They make pinion yokes in all sizes so u should be able to find one.
  2. J

ISO: 1995 center caps

I have some for sale pm me
  3. J

Want advice about rustproofing...

Get yourself some clr or phosphoric acid and some second skin undercoating. Lightly wire brush spray the clr then mask and spray the under coating. This has been on my 1st gen for years.
  4. J

SeaFoam

They say to use it every 20000 miles or so for a clean engine. I just use it when I'm board or the rig is on the old side.
  5. J

Transmission cooler

If it truly is full of junk than I wouldn't want to run it online with the new one. I really do doute that it is, and if it is a good trans shop can flush it for u if it's not rotting away, or leeking.
  6. J

351/4R70w into '93 Range rover

What a great peace of work helps inspire mine
  7. J

My 91 Sport

I would be interested in the light s, and just wondering do u have the wiring diagram for the body as I'm doing a similar project.
  8. J

Sas advice

What I would do 1 find a cheep fa then cut it down if need be u can use a early 70 s 44 if u can find it and do a disk conversation onit. This is going to be the big part. Once u find one your golden. 2 easy and cheep don't go together in most cases. 3 stock steering box should work 4 you...
  9. J

Help

Ok try this vid out should help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUP-nOsoJMA&app=desktop Hope this helps.
  10. J

Help

1 fill fuid 2 put some lucus shift right if 1 dosnt help. 3 rebuild trans and get new converter. This is what I would do. Hope this helps.
  11. J

What engine do you want?

That sounds like a good idea, maybe it will help someone.
  12. J

Engine Removal With Pictures

Yes please if not please pm me I need the info.
  13. J

4x4 trouble

Sounds to me like the t-case chain or something more down stream is slipping.
  14. J

Seats. Trailing arm . Repairs on the spot!

Nice job. I know your restoring this restoring this Explorer but if you're looking for more off-road capability putting in a hime joint there would give you more Fe travle.
  15. J

What engine do you want?

I'm doing the 5.4 sohc on my ex as we Speek with a c 4 trans and 203/205 trans, it's going well so far.
  16. J

Need help identifying my model of explorer

Check out Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Explorer that should get u started.
  17. J

are 4.30 gears worth it with 33 inch tires?

Try looking for the tire sizing / gearing chart, it will help you from having headaches in the future.
  18. J

04 Explorer 4.0 SOHC question

Did you check your trans fluid? Put in nutral after ex is worm. Check level if this dosnt fix it your trans pump maybe going out.
  19. J

91 under hood wiring

im looking for the same. i was working on the engine wiring cause im doing a swap. im looking to find the wires i need to keep. i was removing the engine wiring and there are two plugs of the same type both a brown or tan plug. one is on the pass side connected to the engine wiring that goes to...
  20. J

A4ld swap to???????, trany upgrade, C4,C5,C6

Ya your right, i dont know what i was thinking (ohhh!!! Ya i wasnt). So ya i think the way i may go is with C4 or a C6 but i dont know if the C6 will bolt up or have an adapter. What/Where did you think i could get one of those adapters? i plan on getting a V8 but i cant aford it so just the...
  21. J

A4ld swap to???????, trany upgrade, C4,C5,C6

I was wondering if anyone had done a swap on the a4ld trany? I like the idea of the c4 or c5 but I would like to have OD if possible. I’m looking for a trany that will hold up to some 40s and some off-road use. would the c6 swap? if at all possible I would like to swap as little as possible...
  22. J

convert stock IFS/ solid rear with leaves to coil overs?

Ok all I don’t know what a wireless axle means. But for the rear I would do a link like the dude that wrote the "dose this make my rear-end look big". It seems to work well I just don’t know how all the geometry works. I hope he will join us because well it is assume. I am also looking to do...
  23. J

convert stock IFS/ solid rear with leaves to coil overs?

ok all i dont know what a wireless axle means. but for the rear i would do a link like the dude that wrote the "dose this make my rearend look big". it seems to work well i just dont know how all the geomitry works. i hope he will join us cause well it is ausome. i am also looking to do the...
  24. J

indeglo gauges/dash cluster over lay/ light up gauges

this is true thats what i thought but you can call them and get custom ones if they dont already have what you are looking for (801) 796-1460 (10am - 5pm MST). just give them and call about how you want yours to look. the 91-94 x's are more because you get the air control in addition to the...
  25. J

indeglo gauges/dash cluster over lay/ light up gauges

I have found a site www.speedhut.com it has all gauges for explorers and other cars and trucks. You can customize the look and if you want indeglo or reverse indeglo. This is a great place for gauge parts. I’m not part of the speed hut web site I just was bringing this info to you is all. :us...
Back