Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Made an improvised body mount for my Explorer Sport

I wish I had a camera... Anyways, my '02 Sport has the typical crash and bang over bumps. It was getting pretty bad, and I was hesistant to replace it with the stupid Ford OEM crap mounts. Went to a buddies workplace, and removed the drivers side rear mount, just to see if we could...
  2. C

Found 2 crankshaft bearings in my oil pan

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for all the info everyone. Much appreciated!
  3. C

Like I said, not sure when it did. Could have been earlier in it's life, could have happened recently. My Explorer has given me no headaches thus far. Had it on recent road trips, and so far for the year and a half I've owned it, I have never noticed any weird sounds or ticks or anything...
  4. C

Okay, picture has been posted. The 2 metal strips along with 2 pennies. Click to enlarge.
  5. C

Well, it does look like that metal piece of the tensioner you mentioned. The piece is roughly 2 inches in length (curved). I wish I had taken a pic, but I'll have to wait till I get home from work. Should I be worried if this is the case? I didn't find anything else when I dropped the...
  6. C

Wouldn't it rattle slightly, or make a bit of noise with it missing (assuming it is missing that is)?
  7. C

Looks like those things in the 1st picture you posted, but they are curved nicely, not mangled or bent.
  8. C

Well, I've done several major road trips recently, and she ran fine. When I get a second, I'll take a pic and post it up here. Never heard of the leaf spring timing chain tensioner whatchamacallit... they still look like crankshaft bearings to me... My only guess is that, since I'm not...
  9. C

Hi all, My oil pan gasket was leaking, so picked up a new gasket and some paint to change it out, and respray the oil pan. When I removed it, I saw two thin pieces of metal at the bottom. I knew immediately they were bearings, then later confirmed they were crankshaft bearings after...
  10. C

Engine Block Heater

^ Ha ha, I see I'm not the only one who survived that deep freeze.
  11. C

Do you have a block heater in your Explorer?

It went down to -46C here this past weekend (-50F). Thank god I had it plugged in.
  12. C

02 Sport Fuel Line Issue

I guess, but since this truck goes out in the woods alot, won't the vibrations and jarring eventually wiggle it free? Regardless of how hard it is clamped down, eventually it could shake itself loose, with the fuel pressure and all? Sorry, I don't to be so worrysome, I just don't want to...
  13. C

02 Sport Fuel Line Issue

Hi, I need some help on a recent screw up of mine while changing the fuel filter. I got ahold of a generic fuel filter to replace the old OEM one in my 02 Sport. While removing the old filter, I noticed the size difference, but thought nothing of it. Removed the old fuel filter, got the new...
  14. C

Rear headrests on '02 Explorer Sport

It's probably easier to do it when your half-cut... lol. All I did was hammer the top of the headrest with my fists until it went down. Then, because I'm an idiot, decided to see if it would come again... it did, and got stuck again... so I had to hammer them down a second time.
  15. C

Eh

Welcome!
  16. C

Well, decided to beat the crap our of the headrests till they go down. Worked for 1 of them, but the other is still backwards. I'm gonna try to biggest pry bar I can find to get it loose, then karate ckop it till it comes out... lol.
  17. C

hid color temps differ by brand?

4300k is as close to sunlight as you can get. The light gets more "colorful" the higher you go. 6000K is somewhat white-blue, 8000k is bluish, 10000k and up starts becoming purplish....etc.
  18. C

What is the best fuel line disconnect tool?

I have a #4 that I found in a glovebox at a wrecking yard. Works fine for me.
  19. C

1998 xlt

Looks good man!
  20. C

Hi everyone, The headrests on the rear seats are giving me issues. Any simple way to remove or lower them? Mine are stuck (literally) and one is even in backwards, yet I reamed on them like mad and they still won't go all the way down, or come off completely. Any ideas on what I can...
  21. C

Clem's '02 Explorer Sport

My '02 Explorer Sport STATS Name: Clem Location: Edmonton, AB - Canada Ride: '02 Ford Explorer Sport (also have '92 Toyota Paseo as a turbo build and a '90 Toyota Corolla SR5) Sign: Sagitarrius Writes: Lefty Email: cis4clem at hot mail dot com Likes: long walks on the beach...
  22. C

Where are you from?

Originally from Lethbridge, AB. but now live in Edmonton.
  23. C

DRL (Daytime Running Light) relay on '02 Sport

Thanks for the help. Wow, that stupid POS is tucked away in there. Anyways, I obtained a NAPA universal DRL relay which came with extra long wires, so I decided to clip the connector off, and soldered the appropriate wires together. I'll move the DRL relay somewhere into the engine bay and...
  24. C

Howdy from Calgary, AB

Welcome! E-town representin here!
  25. C

canada baby!!

Welcome! E-town holla! lol
Back