Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Faded Upper door panels

Dont have b4 pics however i can snap some after ones..... basically my upper door panel was white before i started. You can see how white it was on the inside edge of the plastic. After
  2. L

Faded Upper door panels

Your brush might be too coarse.... mine was a somewhat soft wire brush.... Worked out perfect for me. Maybe i should have said to try a test spot first but i dont know where you would test for it that would not be too noticeable. There really isn't a place to try that the sun dont shine if you...
  3. L

A/C Problem

Pops has the same problem in his. Have not fixed it yet... subscribing.
  4. L

Faded Upper door panels

I was thinking of just tinting the windows so the sun wouldn't beat on them and keep Armour all on them. This is my beater car so i dont want to work too hard. lolz
  5. L

Faded Upper door panels

OEM plastic has a clear coat on it? The faded area looks the same as all the rest now. Well whatever it was that came off is gone now and the panel looks great in comparison.
  6. L

Whistle noise here when accellerating only.

Yippee i can be part of this too..... My dads 04 does this randomly on road trips. Normally it is around 70mph and when it is cold. We have all tried to pin point it but no luck. Must be under the hood or dash. I dont think my o2 has ever done it.
  7. L

Faded Upper door panels

Just got this truck as some of you may know per my other posts. Sorry i dont have pics of this. Just a little helpful advise if you have this problem. I took a soft wire brush to the OEM plastic panel and wallah. The faded panels came to life and the white sunbeaten panels looked practically new...
  8. L

FNG here.

Fair enough.....
  9. L

Hey from MO

hmmmm bout 5 minutes away. lol :thumbsup: Got any racecars?
  10. L

Hey from MO

Newbie here as well... from MO. Whereabouts? STL here
  11. L

FNG here.

Hello all. Just picked up a White 02 xlt. Has a few issues but overall it is decent. Hope i dont need advise too much but i understand that is what you guys try and do here. Help out the DIY guys. Damn Stealerships can service the non willing.
  12. L

Swapping my two front seats with each other...

You should be able so take the seat off of the track and switch them i would think. Just unbolt the track off of the seat and switch seats. That is of course if the seat doesn't have air bags in the bolster. I would maybe call a dealer and see if the seat itself is generic and if the track is...
  13. L

Odometer 2002 XLT

Picked up a 2002 XLT over the weekend. Gift from the brother type purchase for $1 lol. The odometer wasn't lighting up. Took the gauge bezel off and the cluster out. Obviously this is a digital piece so i really didn't see anything wrong. Figured i was a little in over my head sort of speak and...
  14. L

A/C, ventilation controls

Interested in this answer... subscribing
  15. L

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Do i have this problem? I am about to take delivery of a 2002 xlt that has a ac problem. Dealerhip told my brother (who is giving me the car) that the whole ac boz has to be replaced. This is different than all of the issues i have read here where people didn't have heat. This car doesn't have...
  16. L

Location of blower motor resistor

I have a AC problem as well. I dont think that is directly related to this one but it is ac related. I just picked up a 2002 xlt from my brother. He says the AC doesn't work cuz the AC to Heat Switch is bad (per the dealer) and requires that the dash is removed to replace the whole assembly...
  17. L

Location of blower motor resistor

posted in above thread.
Back