Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Hey bud, noticed you were looking for locals in sc to wheel with. Ive got a 95 explorer locked...

Hey bud, noticed you were looking for locals in sc to wheel with. Ive got a 95 explorer locked front and rear with 33s. Ride alot with guys from www.offroadsc.com
  2. J

random knocking / tapping

ive got a 97 sohc with a strange problem. Occasionaly when you start the truck it has a horrible knocking sound. usually it goes away on its own after a few seconds. Sometimes when you start the truck it does not do it at all. However last night i did it and it persisted, i tried revving the...
  3. J

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

yeah already planning on the 1354, they seem to be tough to find. We havent really been in too big a hurry because we just figure when this one goes we will do it, but it has lasted for 3 yrs of hard wheeling! Now it will probably explode next time i take it wheeling haha. as far as the...
  4. J

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

2 inch body, shackles, tt, and add-a-leaf. 33x10.50 bfg muds and aussie locked front and rear. while im at it does anyone else have problems with their tcase engaging the front end in low range? if it gets very bound up the front tires will not pull until you back up and let the tcase "pop" and...
  5. J

some wheelin videos

yeah ive seen ya out there before its kinda funny line to get up tnt, the front and rear bumpers usually both drag lemme know next time u wanna ride we will have to meet up
  6. J

some wheelin videos

nah no soccer field haha yeah the ol x does pretty good not bad for a 200k mile vehicle that is dead reliable. we can get in that thing and drive it anywhere wheel it and drive it home. same can be said for my fj40 except it doesnt ride smooth and have air conditioning haha
  7. J

Lifted sport thinkin about droppin her!

throw some decent tires on that thing and that will cure the noise. try a bfg or a nitto at. as far as mileage even lifted it shouldnt do that bad. my lifted 97 v8 could pull 400 miles on the highway with 31's and the 95 with 33's will pull 18-19. theres no reason for that thing to be getting...
  8. J

some wheelin videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msAAhP7InVc&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_NPyQrPBTk&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U776qeBNVPk&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCKqaEhFlWA&feature=related...
  9. J

carrier interchangeable

the carrier is open and it is 31 spline that isnt the question the question regards whether or not i need to put that toothed ring next to the ring gear back on on the f150 carrier for it the explorer to shift, i know it controls abs but what else does it control do i have to have it? as for...
  10. J

carrier interchangeable

they are the same i just need to know about that ring but of course a new problem has arrison the ausie locker that is the same for f150 or explorer is the same part number but it wont fit in the f150 carrier
  11. J

carrier interchangeable

do i have to have this ring? of can i just bolt the ring gear to the carrier and not have abs
  12. J

carrier interchangeable

will the carrier from an early 90 f150 work in an explorer 8.8? i have a 95 explorer with auto trans. the explorer carrier has a toothed ring the f150 does not..will it still shift and everything work except abs?
  13. J

91 Ranger driving me crazy

i just pulled from a junkyard for free and sold the truck lol the ol explorer had a rough life, i wish i would have had the knowledge then that i do now though back then i wouldnt have known to do the cables myself or patience but auto-tech and workin at advance taught me alot
  14. J

off topic but i just saw ur from montville nj, my brothers dad and other brother live there, know a Bob Dallessandro lol?
  15. J

batt cables are also a possibility, i had the same symptoms with an ex and had to replace the batt cables. You would be better off it is the starter because it is cheaper than battery cables, hard to believe but tru! u have to get the cables from ford because they do so much stuff. i imagine u...
  16. J

Katrina victim(towing)

what a coincidence u have a "mountaneer" they will rent to that so just fib a lil
  17. J

i can almost guarantee its ur starter, i went through the same issue with my bronco a month ago, it would start the first time and then would not after it would turn very slow and the alternator would click. the truck like urs was able to be jumped off. if u take off ur starter and take it to...
  18. J

abs

i appreciate it guys i guess i need to change the back sensor ford told me it was a part in the rear end and that it would be 900 dollars to fix it i about told them where they could put that 900 dollars too
  19. J

battery dead, ABS light constantly on, possibly water related

and another note on top of that, i work at advance auto and we see alot of cars come in with the abs light on and its the alternator, especially if it is a combo of battery and abs lights this is a sort of "code" letting u know the alt is bad
  20. J

abs

i put new brakes on the front including pads and rotors, shortly after i noticed the pulsating and saw the backs were toast, put on new pads and it continued. three months later the backs were toast again so i replaced the pads calipers and rotors. put abs fuse back in a still did it. i work at...
  21. J

abs

i just replaced both abs sensors on the front of my 97 mounty and the pedal still pulsates real bad right before i stop! it makes the truck keep rolling and i do not want the throw a wreck, is there another part that causes this? i just replaced the egr, egr pos. sensor, and two oxygen sensors...
  22. J

clutch screaching

bump
  23. J

clutch screaching

to ad to that i just installed the motor and replaced the clutch, there was no noise prior to this
  24. J

clutch screaching

ok, i got the truck to start but when i pusk the clutch pedal there is a very loud screaching noise, when i relaeas the pedal either in gear of nuetral it goes away anybody knwo what the prob is?
  25. J

wont start

problem solved wires in wrong order
Back