Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Temperature and compass

Since my self dimming mirror does not work correctly. Can I transfer the compass and temperature to an overhead console that I do not have YET Then i would replace my mirror with a standard one
  2. R

Auto Dimming Rearview Mirror

Is there a way to shut off ,just the auto dimming portion of mirror without shutting off temp and compass? Most of the time it is too dark to see rear of truck Is there a manual for this option?
  3. R

Over heating and gage shows Normal?

may be all wet But am thinking that you may have an air spot in your cooling sytem Did you refill or replace your coolant? The best way is to take a heater hose off and fill till coolant comes out the top of radiator Maynot be the answer to your problem but seems like you covered...
  4. R

Head light switch fuse

How do I remove light switch? Just had back surgery and it is uncomfortable looking under dash
  5. R

Head light switch fuse

thank you will try that
  6. R

Head light switch fuse

So if I put a relay after fuse one in the underhood distribution box I would control my headlights and taillights . Or does that fuse control something else also
  7. R

Head light switch fuse

I know the hi/low head lights have their separate fuses in the passenger kick panel. But does the headlight switch have it's own fuse? Does the switch receive its power from the fuse panel or does the power go to the switch and then to individual fuses Vehicle is 2007 Ranger 4.0 and automatic
  8. R

2001 3.0L Ranger does not start.

are you using correct key?
  9. R

2012 Ranger

it really sucks I need a ranger sized truck to fit in garage Looks like the rest of the world will get the new one and nothing here But have to admit Ford has not been wrong too many times
  10. R

2001 ford ranger flareside armrest

Try Ebay or Craigs list
  11. R

timing marks off. what will happen if i try starting the truck?

The blown timing belt may have caused noise However if were low on oil, that possibly could have caused blown belt aqnd the noise I have never had a problem with a blown belt causing damage to 2.3 motor that is not saying it could not happen do you have oil pressure bottom line is that...
  12. R

What frames match my 2001 Ford Ranger step side?

Replacement hangars are available I replaced both sides and the springs on my 93 stepside
  13. R

Winch bumper on a 2010 Ranger.

probablhy not what you are looking for. But I have a front receiver hitch on my 07.i can put the winch on either the front or back of truck
  14. R

Another air in coolant problem.

air in system I have taken a heater hose off and filled entire system thru the hose, This fills engine block up and excess comes out radiator cap opening
  15. R

My low beams don't work, but my high beams work.

there are fuses for high and low beams
  16. R

Need to replace the 4x4 control module... have a few questions.

on my 2007 Ranger, I had to remove radio. The contol module is on the drivers side of the radio. I had to remove a heating duct to remove module. I did not reprogram either
  17. R

I'm making a front bumper tow bar connection by removing the front bumper.

I do not tow my ranger. I use front hitch to back trailers into place. To hook my winch on. And have a special setup to carry long lenths of lumber. It puts a front point for ladder rack. So what does you tow bar look like. Can you make a attachment that would slide in receiver of ranger...
  18. R

http://www.bageco.com/hitchlistcurtfe.htm . like this
  19. R

Yes. A hitch like that is used on rear of truck to tow trailers. But made to fit under the frame in the front. And the receiver comes out under the front bumper
  20. R

forgot to decribe hitch, It looks exactly like the rear hitch looks like, except that it is made to fit in the front
  21. R

I got the front hitch from Curtis industries.It was on E-Bay You can use preexisting holes to bolt it on. But I drilled UP thru the frame and bolted it on. It has same capacity as the rear hitch. I had to cut a hole thru the plastic under the bumper for the recever to go thru. I had to...
  22. R

IF I would swap a v8 in my Ranger

If I would swap in a v8 in my ranger (2007), Should I look for a wrecked 2007 v8 explorer. And swap in entire drivetrain ? Would the computers match up ? Not planning on it right now, but if everything fell in place, who knows
  23. R

I have a front hitch on my ranger. Makes it easy to back trailer into tight spots. And is a great license plate holder. would that work as a tow point also?
  24. R

power issue w/motor

Do you know that 5th gear is overdrive? And should be treated like overdrive in an auto transmission? Did you just notice a change ? Are you driving a different route? I tyowed a trailer back from Texas with my 93 4.0 with 5 speed. Had to run in 4th all the way back. Was not much different...
  25. R

What is different

that looks great no problems with steering, oil filter ,etc ? is electrical plug and play or do you need special harness?
Back