Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

SYNC 3 in a 2016 Explorer

I see you have a split screen map and audio. Is that a built in NAV unit? I ask because I got a non nav unit I put in my wife's 2013 for $20. Yeah that's got all the zeros. Another $50 in a parts screen to Frankenstein together a little in the antenna and had to go back for the USB port but I...
  2. D

Turboboost on 2.0 Explorer needs to be replaced (underboost)

3. D

My cat seems fine. Now, if you have an oil seal leak in your turbo that will do 2 things 1, ruin the turbo, and 2 spew burned and to be burned oil into the cat and ruin it.
  4. D

2.0 EB issues at WOT

I have a 2013 2.0 Ecoboost. About a year and a half ago not long after we bought it I replaced the turbo charger due to the lack of boost error and the wastegate was rattling and just basically worn out. Problem solved mostly. For the daily driver it is, it is fine. If I ease into the gas it...
  5. D

Ir ALL WORKS NOW YAY. It required a reset of some modules and a reset of network modules which bombed according to ForScan but it allworks now. Now I just need to get the 3.0 update and I will have google maps on the screen. I do have a hub question. I have one is it any 12v supply? Or is it a...
  6. D

I have updated some of this andsteeringwheelcontrols work now for rear climate to do more than appear on screen. And heated and cooled seats. Then sync 3 to download. Ford said to check my email ina few min. That was hours ago. Later said not currently available try again later. Just tried again...
  7. D

What does not work rear heat AC controls. Don't respond on screen or on rear control AC does not show temp per side but seems to respond Heated steering wheel not responding Heated cooled seats not responding Steering wheel controls right side up down left right OK works for right screen dash...
  8. D

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

Titanium. Ford said they would send a link to my email in a few minutes. How long does that normally take?
  9. D

Not sure came from a focus leather and pretty loaded for a focus. And USB is what I want this thing is ver 1.0 still i just want 2.w or higher.
  10. D

I am not about to list what I paid because I will be excommunicated from the forum. I am having issues. My wife has a 2013 Limited. Came with nav and everything. Heated and cooled seats heated steering wheel rear A/C and NONE of that stuff is working I bought a non nav unit and I know I need to...
  11. D

HELP!!!!! I just majorly scored a Sync 3 (non nav) unit in a salvage yard. I did this upgrade. Now I need to download Sync 3 version 2.2 or later. Also need to get my heated steering wheel and seats working. I added them to the home screen with ForScan but did not do an as built fix. Wife...
  12. D

2.0 eco rattle

No need to remove the Axle especially if the carrier housing is cracked (or like in my case broken) but in the infamous words of the Hyndai squirrel guy tech You don't have to remove the CV axle. BUT IT HELPS. Mind you, mine was also not fully in the transmission because of the cracked mount...
  13. D

AC help please point me in the right direction.

What I have 2013 Explorer Limited with MFT dual AC dual climate controls, Heated Cooled Seats AC is properly charged with exactly 24 oz. I did an evacuation and refill. Compressor comes on, stays on all the time. Compresses properly have I think 150 or so High and 40 or so low give or take...
  14. D

Rough Idle With A/C

thanks looks like outside of firewall if what I am seeing on that stud is correct should be pretty easy to change if I wind up having to change it.
  15. D

Explorer AC not cooling at idle

So, last night I evacuated, pulled vacuum, and recharged. I felt like an idiot when I put can #2 in and was taking a hammer and tapping on the closest block to the expansion valve or expansion valve its self trying to get it to open to take the can. I was tempted to try to start adding to the...
  16. D

Rough Idle With A/C

So, where are the expansion valves located on these things? Are they on the engine side of the firewall and underneath the vehicle? Or are they tear the whole interior apart to get the air box out to get the expansion valve out? I don't mind doing the work. I do mind a bit spending the...
  17. D

Ingelligent Access Key Programming with ForScan

That is what I did with my F-150. Won't be able to with this thing newest version of ForScan still does not support programming wireless ignitionless keys
  18. D

When I get home I bet if I do a static check I hit 125lbs or higher. If so I'll let some out and bring it down to a realistic number then watch the gauges with the Schrader valves open, the manifold valves shut now that I know what the hell I am doing with that manifold set.
  19. D

my High side is 150 and holding steady I believe the low side is 50-55lb that seems a bit high according to FordTechMakuloco
  20. D

So my wife called said the AC was not working again. As she drove down the road it started to cool but never got really cold (not as cold as she felt it should get) Is there a way in ForScan to 1 do a test of the fan functions? and 2 manipulate the fan control module (if it has one) to go on...
  21. D

Good idea I will try that. It is refrigerated air at highway speeds. At idle it seems to just kind of fade. If I idle long it becomes ambient temp. Slow speeds slow moving traffic it doesn't cool enough. Like it cools some but not quite enough. I will try holding a bit of a rev on it at...
  22. D

I have done regular keys on my truck. In fact I eliminated the old key form my truck and would like to do that with this one. THAT IS PRETTY AMAZING that you did not have to have a previously working key I thought you had to at least have that to initially access the system. I know last night...
  23. D

Driving down the road it seems fine, when at idle it won't blow cold the compressor stays kicked in. Do I need to check what the PCM THINKS the pressures are with ForScan? I think I found the low pressure switch but not the high pressure one.
  24. D

Hi, all. I have a 2013 Explorer 2.0 Ecobust Limited which has the push button start whatever you want to call it. I have ForScan and LOVE the utility. I know it allows me to access PATS and can program keys. The vehicle came to me used (hince the ecobust as I discovered WHY it was traded) so...
  25. D

Cooling fan comes on. I never hear it go on high. The one time I can recall it going on high was just after I changed the turbocharger. I put all the coolant in I could waited for the thermostat to open so I could add more. That is also when I got a cilynder head overheated MIL but as soon as I...
Back