Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

I have two VG shark fin antennas for sale, unused in Tuxedo Black. $50. PM me for paypal. D

I have two VG shark fin antennas for sale, unused in Tuxedo Black. $50. PM me for paypal. D
  2. D

Vibration when braking. Anyone Else???

Also, just to make a point, this car is supposed to be boards high-performance SUV. It should easily be able to handle a little heavy breaking here and there. Don't you think?
  3. D

I didn't say you were being an ass... I drive a highly modded M3. I do racing events regularly and have owned more than 20 cars. Never seen anything like this. So yea it may not be the car but that doesn't mean the brakes are weak for this car and it's power. But again she has never ruins the...
  4. D

No e does not drive with two feet and drag the brake. I would not say she rides the brakes either. She a little heavy with the brakes, but pretty normal. She's had 7 cars never one brake problem before...
  5. D

Thanks for the advise but it's my wife's car and it's a lease. I shouldn't have to worry about my brakes... :(
  6. D

Ahh yea, then this is the third set.
  7. D

No automatic car washes and it's the second set of rotors so far. This time fronts only. Last time all of them. They are replacing the pads as well. But it doesn't feel like there's any brake pressure all the time but it's possible. If this happens again I'm claiming lemon law. I'm sick of this. D
  8. D

So I got word from the dealer that the front rotors were warped again. I just don't understand regular driving could do this twice in 24k miles. There's got to be a problem with the car that is causing this. The dealership is replacing them again, but I don't want to be dealing with this again...
  9. D

That thread does not seem the same as my problem. But thank you.
  10. D

I have a 2013 Ex Sport, stock. In December 13' I was driving down a grade (Camarillo, Ca) Around 70mph. I had just left a parking lot 2 miles away and car was not running for an hour before this. I was braking for some light traffic down the grade and the car just started shuttering. It was in...
  11. D

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

Ive done mine like 3 times, and they start peeling days later every time I do it. I did my friends Jeep, all the trim and the wheels and his looks great. WTF.
  12. D

Definitive Cars - 13' Sport Project Build

I did what the one guy showed on the forum. Shave the LED down to the copper leads. Solder the leads of the new LED bulb to the copper leads on the electrical board. Done...
  13. D

Definitive Cars - 13' Sport Project Build

I have not done the visors. I read that they are way too bright for right in your face...
  14. D

New to the forum

Did you do the handles?
  15. D

Rear Spoiler Removal Help

Hmm, yea that wounds worse that I would think. I am suprised as usually the MFG has to provide a simple way to change the bulbs in the third light if they go out. This sounds like a "take it to the dealer" situation. Weird they would do that. Is there a way to get the brake light out without...
  16. D

Rear Spoiler Removal Help

There is one more of those behind the plastic trim dead center as well. I was wondering the same thing this weekend as it would be much easier to tint the 3rd brake light with it out. D
  17. D

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

Well min are peeling AGAIN... Not sure if its just not getting enough time to cure before using the car... But I am going to give it one more go, with some hairdryer action after each coat. But if they peel easily again, they are getting painted. Just not sure if Ill do it with black spraypaint...
  18. D

Custom Tinted Lights - Front & Rear

Thanks, I did eactly what you said here.
  19. D

HID Questions

Yes those are the weird triangle brackets that came with. Very hard to get all the screws to line up, but got it eventually. D
  20. D

Bought some tint off Amazon, which ended up being from Rvinyl.com. They have several video tutorials on how to do it. But if you are not handy, I wouldent waste your money and have it done by a pro. Thanks! And already done. :)
  21. D

HID Questions

In the explorer at least, the brights are amazing after the HID conversion. D
  22. D

Tinted my lights this weekend. What do you guys think? Haven't taken any good pics yet. It got dark on me. Just some before and afters. D
  23. D

HID Questions

Heres where I mounted my top ballasts. The orange relays in the last two pics are from TRS. They are Morimoto relay harness so that my Fogs both kick on with the headlights. It was too much draw to have all 4 come on at the same time. Works great now! D
Back