Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

Thanks for sharing Froader; looks good!
  2. F

Fitting 33's with no lift?

If this works, it will look awesome. Good luck.
  3. F

4.10's or 4.56's on stock tire...

The only real question is what cruising RPM(s) can you live with. Otherwise, 4.56s with stock tires just sounds fun. This CSG RPM Calc is very useful (scroll to bottom). Assuming you have 30in tires, 5th gear (0.71) and 75mph will yield 2720. That doesn't sound too bad to me. You can play...
  4. F

Let's see your tow hook installs

Some people have bought front tow bars and modded them (cut off tow bar attachments, weld on D-ring brackets or hooks), or others have bought front hitches and installed one of those D-rings+bracket for a 2in hitch receiver.
  5. F

Grill Emblem

Nice! I'm not sure if red or white would look better, but either way, well done.
  6. F

Show Off Your Lifted Sport Trac!!!

Darker shade looks awesome, as does your ST in general.
  7. F

Dana 35 IFS 2001 Explorer Sport

This thread could be of some help Not sure if 4th Gens and your 01 Sport have same diff, but the 4th Gen has the "super 30," and Electrician got an lsd in his IFS.
  8. F

Maximum height for an 06 X

Stepj19 is an example of what the above combo looks like
  9. F

2dr Gen1 Cargo Room?

Thanks for the responses guys. Looking at the measurements from Rhett, it would seem the cargo area length is about 10in shorter. I honestly won't be transporting that much stuff (Sport Trac was great for that, but I'm pretty settled now), I'm just trying to visualize how much room I would...
  10. F

2dr Gen1 Cargo Room?

Hello, Pretty much ever since I traded in my 08 ST, I've been missing having an Explorer. Lately, I'm thinking a Gen1 could be just the thing (no IRS, relatively small package, better styling than Gen2 - sorry Gen2 guys). Currently, I have a 2011 Subaru Forester, and I'm wondering if...
  11. F

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

This is so awesome! The two videos sound great.
  12. F

differential lowering or longer axles

Duner fabbed up some parts to lower his diff in his IFS/IRS lift project. Also, more recently, Rupert made a 4in lift that involves lowering the diff. Lowering the diff may yield less clearance, but it solves more mechanical / suspension issues over longer shafts. I'm not sure which would be...
  13. F

Truxxx Leveling Kit & Bigger Tires

Sounds great; happy everything worked out well.
  14. F

Help!!!!

3rd post has the details for body lift Truxx aka Traxda is the only store-bought option as far as suspension lifts, to my knowledge. The Traxda lift will be a lot more simple to install - no worrying about hitch, exhaust, bumper, etc. height (these parts, among others, don't get lifted with...
  15. F

Rancho Quicklift Struts

Yes, use the 06-10 Explorer part numbers. Here's from another thread: You may achieve less lift with the Quicklifts due to the V8. Most people seem to opt for the Traxxx, as the lift is a more guaranteed quantity and it's cheaper.
  16. F

STA Concept Seats

Try to find a quality auto upholsterer in your area. They can replace/modify the foam on the headrests to make them less angled / more like the headrests in the photo; also, they can do any color combos, etc. and replace the foam in your seats. Some places can easily get quite pricey, but just...
  17. F

Sport Trac vs Avalanche

Tom brings up a very good point; I had relatives with an Avalanche. It was significantly bigger than my ST was. The extra room is nice, but you have to drive it, park it, etc. If the size doesn't you, then I'd say the Avalanche could definitely be more functional. We would fit a canoe in...
  18. F

Prerunner light bar

Very nice.
  19. F

Sport Trac 3.7L V6 swap

This is amazing! Good luck with the rest of the project! I have a few questions though: Are you using the F150 tranny? Are you doing 2wd or 4wd, if so how? Thanks.
  20. F

265/65r18 Cooper at

It seems Cooper also makes the AT3 in 255/70R18 (~32in, but less wide, so hopefully less chance of rubbing). I had 255/60R18 Grabber AT2s, and they rubbed a bit on full lock when I first got them. I've heard lots of positive reviews of the new AT3s, but I've also heard similar sentiments to...
  21. F

JP Mobile upgrades

Nice work; it looks great.
  22. F

2007 Sport Trac V8

You might have an issue with the fuel filter or injectors; that can be common when storing a vehicle for a while.
  23. F

New 2008 ST Owner

Happy to hear that you like your ST. To post photos, you'll need some photo hosting account (photobucket, imgur, etc., a 'cloud' would probably work too), then get the direct link for the photo, once uploaded (should end in .jpg, .jpeg, .png or similar).
  24. F

What do you hate or love about owning an ST? Out of curiosity, fun post!

Mine will be a past tense, but anyway: #1, I hated was lack of 4x4 for me (but that's not really the ST's fault), so my 2nd would be relatively poor interior fit-finish and material choice (fake CF and plastic chrome, really?). Things I miss: low-end torque (even with a 4.0 V6, versus my...
  25. F

2011 Lifted XLT Project

Very nice. I don't know if it's just camera angles, but it looks enormous! Just remove that little plastic valence below the bumper (I dunno if that's easier said than done, on my ST offroading basically removed it), and you'll have the coolest 5th Gen by far.
Back