Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

I WAS feeling lucky with my Ex

This is becoming absurd. This thread has gone downhill fast, nothing productive is coming of this discussion. We disagree.....not quite sure what our argument was about, but we disagree. :) Don't see a point in continuing to argue, I think we officially hijacked this thread for no real purpose...
  2. G

My first response to one of your quotes was an anecdotal statement basically stating that I have had excellent luck with explorers and not a derogatory statement toward your post. Your passive aggressive comments is what propagated this whole off-shoot from the original topic. You speak of...
  3. G

While I would tend to agree that 1st year bugs are not ideal, nor an excuse for a lack of proper engineering, it is most commonplace. Sorry, every brand has them. Secondly, the statement regarding you generalizing that ALL explorers are faulty was a typo and a misstatement, my apologies on that...
  4. G

Hence why I said that any first year production model will have some problems to resolve. "Ancient hardware" as you describe does indicate a past history of good reliability and design/engineering. Why would a newer product have less forethought or inferior engineering? Keep in mind that you are...
  5. G

It's not a matter of luck. I have owned three explorers, all different generations. I have never had one give me grief in the first 200K miles that was serious in any way. My 5.0L has 215K on the clock and still runs incredible. First production year of ANY car will have problems. I've heard of...
  6. G

Just brought my 2012 XLT to the shop after only 400 miles

Hmmmm...can someone say troll??:rolleyes: I also love your grammar, maybe some correct punctuation would have helped. I love replies like these...
  7. G

2013 Explorer Engines

...and it would produce more power than the current 3.5L. Not to mention they have an ecoboost 4 banger, how wouldn't the ecoboost 6 have enough???!?!? I still can't believe they offer a turbo 4 banger for the explorer, just doesn't make sense. Add on the fact they don't have AWD or 4WD for that...
  8. G

Ford's quality ranking

I saw that CR report and couldn't help but agree. Ford completely lied to us about our 2011 Escape that i recently bought for my wife. They said the fuel economy would be 19/21 (ish) and she gets 25/29! Total lies. The sales manager told us we would have the old, slow navigation system as it...
  9. G

Would you fight this speeding Ticket?

Sounds like the state PD is doing some active fund raising... I say fight it too.:salute:
  10. G

2011 Explorer with problems.

Don't doubt it either....now where are those donuts!!?!?!?! :p: I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist or an over paranoid guy, I'm sure most of the people that come on this forum with complaints are in need of help in resolving their problems. Cory has done a great job in...
  11. G

Trading my X for a Mountaineer!!

Might not hurt to put in a drain plug on the tranny pan for future fluid checks. It just makes the whole process that much easier. The guy who sold you the car probably should have disclosed that "minor" fact about the tranny. Kinda scummy. It is hard to believe that your tranny is cooked after...
  12. G

Trading my X for a Mountaineer!!

I wouldn't worry one bit. I average 19-21 mpg mixed with my 5.0L and it has 205K miles. Hasn't given me one problem besides normal maintenance like brakes, fluid changes etc. Probably Ford's best drivetrain! Congrats on the purchase, the mounty always had a great, unique look to it. :thumbsup:
  13. G

2011 Explorer with problems.

It seems like every time I go to the 2011 Stock discussion, I see several threads like these where everything is disintegrating and crumbling at the seams. It almost makes me wonder if some of these aren't a little "exaggerated." With CNC, CAD/CAM, new cars should be far more predictable and...
  14. G

I'm so tired of this!

That's ridiculous if they don't honor their end of the bargain. You've had more repairs on a vehicle that is brand new than I have on my 99 X with the 5.0L with 205K miles. 50K is still a ton of money and the dealer should honor their commitment to get you a nice ride. Sorry to hear about the...
  15. G

I'm so tired of this!

Oh yeah, Toyota handled their acceleration problem so much better. :rolleyes: I haven't heard of anybody that has had so many issues, sounds like a perfect candidate for return under the lemon law. If you really are having that many problems, I'd demand an exchange from the dealer.
  16. G

I'm so tired of this!

My wife and I just rented a new 2012 Focus with the MFT and I had zero problems using it without any instructions or reading the manual. Was it slow?? Nah, maybe about 10-15 seconds to get everything going. It was quite intuitive I thought, but I did go into the vehicle with no expectations of...
  17. G

Moonroof and ability to resell

That's the interior color of my wife's escape. It helped tremendously. For a light interior like beige, I think it would still add alot to the ambience. I was initially skeptical of the sun/moon roof idea due to possible leakage/wind noise etc, but I was pleasantly surprised how silent it is and...
  18. G

Moonroof and ability to resell

Definitely get it, even though we never really open the roof in my wifes new escape, (and it's not nearly as impressive as the X's) it is a joy to just have some natural lighting and the ability on a hot day to have some fresh air. 1,500 bucks isn't much when you consider the length of the...
  19. G

Ugly Carpet Seam under Driver/Passenger Seats

That's what I was thinking. My wife's new 2011 Escape limited isn't nearly as polished in the interior as the new explorers and it's like stepping into a luxury car when compared to my 99 X limited.
  20. G

How are V8 explorers?

How reliable is the 5.0L???? How about 200K miles with only spark plugs and idle pulley being replaced. Can't think of a car I have ever seen that has been more reliable than that. This car has been the epitome of reliability. I couldn't recommend a 5.0L explorer hard enough.
  21. G

Buying an AWD not a 4WD

The 2nd gen V8 AWD setup is pretty sweet, having owed a 2nd gen SOHC 4X4. I would never trade my V8 for anything, but I would prefer to have control w/ 4X4 as opposed to AWD. Why wouldn't you want control of the drivetrain??? Also, I think you will find the Ex to be alot more capable than the...
  22. G

1,100 Miles and MyFord Touch Already Dead

Sounds like a nasty software glitch. They have had SYNC for quite a while now and it seems like they have repaired most, if not all, of the glitches in past versions. Keep in mind that all 2011 explorers out right now are the first batch of a completely redesigned and re-engineered model. There...
  23. G

Running rough, misfiring cylinder.

New spark plug maybe?? I'd try replacing the spark plug, especially if there was water in there. There really shouldn't be water in there, even if it is raining heavily. High temperatures combined w/ cold water= bad situation w/ porcelains. Porcelains do not tolerate temperature change well at...
  24. G

New member of the Explorer family

Beautiful X. They really have raised the bar for all of the other midsized SUVs. Now if I could just kill my 99'. ;)
Back