Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Sync 3 GPS only allows 50 favorite destinations

Looks more like a software bug to me. I think it tries to go to the next page, but it keeps going back to the first page.
  2. G

Sync 3 GPS only allows 50 favorite destinations

I discovered that as well. I probably had over two hundred favorites in my Garmin. Very disappointed in that. There are many quirks in the GPS system. For example, if you try to access the Favorites list with voice commands while driving, only the first 20 will come up. You can only get to...
  3. G

12V lighter sockets

I have USB ports in both places - inside the center console and also under the black cover that's ahead of the gear shift.
  4. G

12V lighter sockets

Yeah, the USB port is on the front edge of the opening.
  5. G

12V lighter sockets

The one on the lower instrument panel is apparently the one inside the small compartment just ahead of the gearshift. (It says Sync on the door of this compartment.) I don't have any inside the center console, just USB ports. I do have one on the back of the center console.
  6. G

12V lighter sockets

That's it! Thanks!
  7. G

12V lighter sockets

I've got a new 2017 Explorer XLT. I could've sworn there was a 12V lighter-type socket somewhere in the forward compartment, but I can't seem to find it. Any help?
  8. G

2016 / 19 Explorer Roof Racks - Totally Different

I ended up getting the Thule rails, mounting kit and fit kit. Total cost was about $500. Ouch!
  9. G

Navigation questions

Thanks Peter, will do. I did check out the Owner's Manual but I'm not finding answers to my questions there. The manual did mention latitude/longitude, but I can't seem to find a what to enter it anywhere in any of the menus.
  10. G

2016 / 19 Explorer Roof Racks - Totally Different

I've had the same Thule crossbars on three Explorers since 1987. I just had to buy new mounting systems with each new vehicle. Now with my 2017 Explorer, I had to spend $500 on a new Thule rack system. :(
  11. G

Navigation questions

I am the new owner of a 2017 Explorer. (My 4th Explorer!) Overall, I love it, but the Navigation system is driving me crazy. I have a pile of questions that I'm looking to get answers for. Hopefully, someone can help. Thanks in advance! How do I enter a POI location using...
  12. G

SYNC - USB Port - "Play All"

Thanks!
  13. G

Thanks for your reply Rebecca. Offhand, I don't know what Sync system I have. My phone is an iPhone4s. I'm not sure I understand the shuffle settings on it. If I go to the Now Playing screen, I see a button on the bottom called "shuffle". If I tap it, it says "shuffle all". What's the...
  14. G

I will often plug my iphone into the USB port in my 2008 Explorier, select the USB port, then select "Play All" from the play menu. It then picks songs at random from my music library, which is exactly what I want. After doing this daily for several months I've noticed that some tunes get...
  15. G

Computer estimated gas mileage off.

I'm only suggesting here that if you're making the calculations yourself based only on a single fillup, then the result you get will only be approximate. For one thing, the amount of gas that you probably had in the tank is probably not exactly the same as what you had before your prior fillup...
  16. G

Is there a fuse for the USB port?

I am the original owner. The history shows no updates since the original release in 2008.
  17. G

Well I just tried going to the site to do the update, but it says that it must be dealer-installed.
  18. G

Yes thanks. I can get it to work anytime by pulling the fuse, so i will try to do the update as soon as i get a chance.
  19. G

Djdom - It was a fuse. Fless - thanks for that link. Will have to try that. I had already tried swapping cables etc and also tried a different mobile device. The problem is on the Sync side.
  20. G

Update - this fix only lasted for a day or so. The USB port is again showing up as "USB Empty". I wonder what is going on here.
  21. G

Thanks for the info. For the record, I found the fuse box under the hood. I pulled out the fuse for the Sync and then plugged it back in after a bit. That fixed my problem.
  22. G

Computer estimated gas mileage off.

There is no guarantee that the tank will be filled up to exactly the same level at each fillup. There is also no guarantee that the vehicle is sitting on a perfectly level surface each time you fillup. All these variables, and others, will affect the numbers. Also, how do you know "what I...
  23. G

The USB port in my 2008 Eddie Bauer Explorer suddenly stopped working. Is there a fuse associated with this port?
  24. G

Connected ipod touch to the USB port for podcasts

Whenever I attempt to play a podcast that I have loaded onto my iPod touch via the USB port on my 2008 Explorer, it behaves strangely. I'll start playing the podcast, but after a second or two it starts playing some music that I have on the ipod instead of the podcast. I'll start the podcast...
  25. G

Fuses?? 2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer

Thanks guys. You probably saved me a lot of hassles.
Back