Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Rancho or Pro Comp??

Likewise, I enjoy my pro comp 3000 shocks. Anything is better than stock to me, especially after 100 thousand miles on stock shocks. Just find you a good deal and go with it.
  2. J

Cool shackle

Here is a awesome shackle. I'm sure some of you guys have seen it before. The maker says they can custom make them to fit any application. Just figured I'd pass this along. http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=50
  3. J

HELP Shock installation trouble

There's my answer!!!
  4. J

aldive, go back and read post #11, I edited and cleared things up
  5. J

yes but with nothing going through it at the top like that one does. Both holes look exactly the same
  6. J

just forget about it guys, I 'll figure it out.
  7. J

yes huskyfan23. I dont have mechanic terminology.
  8. J

Those are the bolts, I will reuse them off my old shocks.My problem is I cant attach the two bolts that connect to the frame to the shock. THere is nothing on the shock to attach them to. All I have is a hole through the shock and nothing going through the hole that allows the two bolts to...
  9. J

I don't have an exact pic. Let's use the aftermarket rear shock i bought for example, the shock when you look at it has a hole on both ends of it used for mounting. You can put a bolt through it on the bottom end and it will fit just fine. Ok, now when it comes to the top end of the shock, there...
  10. J

Look on the 2nd and 5th picture that he shows on the installation, I don't have anything going through the loop on the bottom of the shock to bolt the shock on. I think it should have came with something already through it. does that help? Dead Link Removed
  11. J

I talking about the thing that is going through the hole in the shock, is that what you are talking about
  12. J

on the front shocks and on the upper rear shocks it didn't come with any thing to put through the bottom end of the shock to bolt it on. So what do I do? HElP!
  13. J

general lift questions

I just finished on laying everything out to get ready to hook my explorer up with a 3" spindle lift for tommorrow. I have just a few questions. Can I use my swaybar with AAL's are do I need to toss it. My old Z71 didn't have a rear sway bar and man did it flex. Would I even miss it? Also, Can I...
  14. J

weird Radio

I wonder if I put a aftermarker radio in if that would solve my problem? I don't want to go through all the trouble of putting in a radio and still have issues on my hands. I still and will always love my explorer. I guess I can take out my 10's now and lighten my load a little bit.
  15. J

weird Radio

Ok, my radio was working fine and then all of a sudden is just stops. Well, now the only 2 things that work are: it well let you put in/take out a CD, and when you push the clock button. It displays the time for a short period and then goes back off, as it would if you didn't have the keys in...
  16. J

Add-a-Leaf Install: Step By Step "How-to"

THANK U !THANK U! THANK U! this will make my AAL project go soooo much smoother!!!
  17. J

Anybody use Black Magic car care products?

WOW! MATT, She cleans up real nice! Looks brand spankin' new
  18. J

driveability of true-trac

http://www.4x4review.com/products/drive_train/truetrac.asp
  19. J

Suggestions for lifting?

ALEC - I appreciate your help!:D
  20. J

Suggestions for lifting?

Yea, I'm 2wd. So your telling me I can crank the Torsion bars as much as I want and there will be no harm done (as long as I go and get a alignment done afterwards)? So the 2inch max TT only applies the 4wd's?
  21. J

Suggestions for lifting?

Alec - I can't go past 2inchs on the TT without damaging CV joints. Also, I thought that from a SOA you get ALOT of flex. I only get about 1inch of flex from stock suspension. Tomblin1 - I have never heard of Planet X. Did you have to pay to go out there. I do know of a place around...
  22. J

Suggestions for lifting?

can someone help me with my questions?
  23. J

Suggestions for lifting?

I'm trying to decided how I'm going to lift mine. I doing 3inch spindle lift in front, but I can't decided on which route to go for the back end. I'm either going SOA or 4inch springs. I can do a 1inch TT in the front to match the springs. My questions are: 1. what kinda flex am I gonna get out...
  24. J

Comment by 'JeSSeJohn' in media 'truck2'

has to be the sharpest older model explorer I've ever seen!!! NO LIE!
Back