Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

How often should I run it in 4x4?

Ok, fellow Explorer-nauts... I'm sure this has been answered at least a googol-plex (look it up, Einstein!! :D) amount of times in this esteemed forum. A dozen searches using different keywords brought up zilch. Seeing that there's a real dearth of places (legal, that is) to go offroading over...
  2. G

4x4 & low 4x4 flashing

Fixed It!!!! Problem was a loose wire connection to the switch. Made doubly sure that the connector was firmly engaged. Started up and right off the bat, no blinking lights and fully-functional 4x4!!! :D
  3. G

Aloha!

Just to update y'all... my XLT's fully functional again! :thumbsup::thumbsup: The problem WAS the transfer case motor, so my buddy and I swapped out the original motor with one from a wrecking yard, did the whole computer reset thing, and lo and behold, it's working! :salute: A big MAHALO...
  4. G

Aloha!

Much mahalo (thank you!) for the kind welcome, Brooklyn Bay! :D
  5. G

Aloha!

I found this forum out of dire necessity, as my '97 Explorer XLT's transfer case motor just went on the blink and couldn't disengage into Auto. Thanks to the copious posts regarding the subject, my buddy and I were able to get my XLT into 2WD and now we need to take it to a shop because the...
Back